Training Catch a Wave
for Wessex!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
My how the turntables - the redirect is entirely unexpected, and quite honestly, a nicely observed page out of the General’s book. When you can - go to the source. She jerks away, closing her eyes with a surprised shriek of laughter and causing the shadows stop, but fail to disperse (after all, her control is excellent). Above water,  hands fall to one’s sides, while the underwater one falls to the mercy of the tides and whatever water force is around it.

And since this has taken a bit of a playful turn (or at the very least, the Wraith is amused), she finds herself bending down to the water, followed a moment later by the above water shadow. It seems to be a fraction behind her in this, so there are two sprays of water that come back towards Hadama, flung at him like a kid splashing along, trying to soak someone else.
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 49 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Hadama might have been less expressive, but green eyes twinkled merrily as his distraction proved successful and Wessex laughed in approval of the twist. It bought him some needed breathing room to focus his defensive water spirals more securely once more as he waited for the next shadowy attack--

But one good surprise deserved another and instead of shadows not one but two splashes of water came towards him in quick succession. Dropping the water shields he raised his hands to try and deflect the incoming 'attack', but he was laughing silently too hard to maintain his focus at the level required and he only managed to keep the return volley out of his eyes while the rest splashed over him.

"I yield!" he rumbled, quiet mirth lacing his voice as he released the water from his magic and let it splash harmlessly to the sea around him. 'Thank you for the challenging lesson."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you wouldn't even recognize me anymore
not that you knew me back then
In hindsight, Wessex will probably wonder if merpeople’s eyes are immune to the stings of salt water, like hers are, but for an entirely different reason. Is it their fish, er, sea half that gives them that kind of immunity? A natural gel kind of thing? For now, those kinds of questions lay dormant and it’s probably a good thing. The day is getting on, and the merman’s yield is probably well-timed.

With a happy sigh, Wessex flicks her wrist and dismisses the shadows, leaving just the two of them in the shallows. “Like I said, happy to help. Hope it was appropriately challenging and not overly annoying. Didn’t want to hurt you and unfortunately, I probably could by accident.” Honest, but clearly pained about it, the Wraith shrugs and then crosses her arms. “Anyway, I suppose I ought to get back to the Grounds. Hope to see you around again, Hadama.”

And with that, she disappears, leaving a quiet sploop in her wake.

{Fin}
but it all comes back to me in the end
WESSEX