birthmarks
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
we show off our different scarlet letters
What sort of predator Jack might be is something Flora is blissfully? regretfully? problematically? unaware of. In her mind, he's an indulgent lover (true), ultimately a big softie (false), and not nearly so dangerous as everyone seems to believe (false). "I mean..if you're offering.." Flora laughs, tilting her head just enough over her shoulder for the pout of her lips and the apple of one cheek to be carefully carved out by the firelight she was holding.

"Mmmm...maybe. I know someone who's like...really good with plants and stuff, and I'm pretty sure he's been making and giving out these like...drug..lilac plants as gifts." Flora shrugs. She'd been interested in what Mateo had been talking about, but equally, he had been getting on her nerves at the time. "Like, I know there's drugs for all you hardcore ruffians-" Here she again looks over her shoulder, a far bit more suggestively this time. "..but like, maybe there could be other drugs. Designer drugs."

Fun ones, with no side effects obviously.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
The curl of Jack's lips tells Flora everything that he doesn't, namely I did not say I was offering, but then for all of her coy looks and cupid's bow lips and the fine peach of her ass, she actually starts to chat something that might be interesting. It's a damn shame that she hadn't been paying more attention to what Mateo had been saying (and that he's her adolescent little brother, Flora, what?), and Jack bites. You know, for fun.

"Designer drugs hidden in houseplants," he drawls with a soft laugh, flicking ash from the end of his smoke. "Quaint in practice, but if you wanna ship a lot of product, that's too much upkeep for business. Tried an' tested drugs are that way for a reason. If your plant-man wants to up his game though, put me in touch." Is he inciting a little sibling rivalry? Maybe.
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.
Type: Grey | Rank: Mastered

Also branded with a small star tattoo beneath his left eye.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It's her adolescent older brother, Mateo would have you know.

Much as Flora was enjoying imagining Jack's eyes as cartoon cylinders popping out of his head to appreciate how her butt looked in her pants, it was a bit annoying to keep having to turn and look over her shoulder at him. That, and it was probably just making her seem like she had a double chin. Taking a few shorter steps and scorching closer to the wall so he could walk next to her, she adjusted the torch in her hand away from his face (you're welcome), and absolutely wasn't aware of how her handle was now dangling between them.

"I know you think like that, but not everything needs to be on a global scale. There's something to be said about keeping things small and exclusive." Oh, but then his bite stings, and Flora tosses her head like an annoyed mare on the verge of kicking. "Uhm, no, this was my idea, and so you can both go through me." Or well. Jack could absolutely go through her. Mateo could just...water his plants.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 35 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
Oh, deepest apologies, Mateo. Jack will be sure to take you very seriously in this drug enterprise your sister is setting up without telling you.

Putting out the last of his cigarette on the wall as Flora drops back to walk with him, she won't have to worry about her hand dangling enticingly between them, because Jack - ever against needless and unwanted touching - slips his own into his pockets. "Small and exclusive ain't really who I am," he points out with a smirk, but of course that doesn't mean Flora doesn't have a point.

There's an ego to get through first, though, and Jack bites his tongue not to laugh in her face. "Right, right," he says indulgently. "Well. If you and I were to come up with an agreement that your little business says small and exclusive, an' I get a cut, I don't see why I can't turn the other cheek 'bout it."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret:

Magic: Passive Telepathy | The user can read the surface thoughts and emotions of those within a 30ft radius. Control is excellent. Note: "Thoughts and emotions" include anything written in a character's narration in a post.

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Thank you.

Ughhh Jack. How are you supposed to grab Flora's hand, twist it behind her to make her turn, and press her against the wall? How are you supposed to peer deeply into her eyes and notice just how blue they are because of the firelight, confess your unbridled need of her, and then ravage her in the dark?

Men. Always with their hands in their pockets ruining everything.

"Well, it might not hurt you to try something new." Flora purrs, before her ignorance gets the better of her and she begins to paw at the line between safety and winding up another sad corpse that washes out of the Fingers. "Okay but, if this isn't really your thing, then what cheek are you even turning?" She wonders, arching her brow and widening her eyes at him.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
It's a good thing that Jack has had such a long time to get used to the ebb and flow of other people's streams of consciousness, because otherwise he might have choked on his own breath to listen to Flora. Granted, it's a very rare thing to find someone as D R A M A as the young woman walking beside him, and as they turn down a soft curve in the Fingers, he wonders what she'll do if he really does turn suddenly to press her against the wall?

But that, of course, ends with Jack speared on the end of a kraken's tentacle, and not in a fun kinky way. So maybe not.

"Oh I am very open to new things," he informs her, like the liar he is. Raising his eyebrows back at her, he's about to inform him about all the blood-soaked cheeks he's turned in his time when a gust of air suddenly hits them that's startlingly cold. "Huh," he says. "What are the odds of us just fuckin' stumblin' on this shrine, you think?"
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Mmmmm, you are, are you?" Flora wonders, her eyelashes fluttering and her lips pursing as if she might somehow choreograph her face into subtly screaming THEN KISS ME. Instead, she probably looks like she's about to sneeze.

"I mean, it's a shrine. The whole point is being able to find it." Flora points out, with a confident shrug. As Jack had noticed, Flora was nothing if not entitled lucky, and so yes, they did happy to just fuckin' stumble on the shrine.

'Brrrr.' Rubbing her free hand over her arm, Flora frowns at the shrine. "Guess we should have brought our skates." She murmurs doubtfully, glancing at the frozen water before looking to Jack. 'So...I mean, this flame can melt the snow if you think that matters, but...I'm not sure about the ice. Maybe we could crack it?"
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
Glancing sidelong at Flora, for a second Jack has to stifle the urge to push his finger between her pursed lips and pop! against the side of her cheek. It'd be funny if nothing else, right? Ahem, anyway. Shrine, ice, snow, skates... wh... skates? "What?" he says automatically, because naturally Jack, born and bred a Torcher and spending his time hugging the coastlines, has never actually seen snow. Or skated on ice.

Anyway. Huffing out a sigh that clouds the air before them, he shakes his head. "You can give it a go," he mutters, rubbing his hands together. "I'll handle the ice, though." Because who fucking cares about hidden magic as long as it's not the thought reading kind, right?

Reaching out with the strands of his power that can manipulate water, Jack attempts to convert the ice back into its liquid state, dragging it out of the tidepool and away down the tunnel.
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Yeah, y'know, like.." She nods her head towards the ice, raising her eyebrows as if that gesture had the power to reconvey her meaning. Or maybe he meant there wasn't enough room to skate? Regardless.

Flora huffs as well, crinkling her nose at the resulting cloud of frost before turning towards the snow. Of course her first thought is to make a snowball and throw it at Jack, but then she thinks about taking a bit of snow and sticking it down his shirt to see if she couldn't force a flirtatious wrestle out of him.

Before she can do anything though, Jack is...magicing the water? Making the face from the gif Flora gasps comically. 'Oh my gods." She blurts out, delighted. "You never told me you could do that."

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Not a capital G god shrine, the Eirachi's shrine is still about to deal quite the punch even with Longheat quickly approaching.

Snow stars to fall from the ceiling, whirling about in chaotic patterns and as Jack tries to drag the ice into motion thus forcing it to become water, pellets of ice begin to pummel him from above.

Flora HP: 33/33
Jack HP: 76/126

While this wouldn't normally be quite a life or death scenario, because someone has quite a low HP, it could become that way very quickly (with just one hit, Flora).
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
"Perhaps one day I'll write you a manual for me," Jack murmurs, concentration writ on his features as he focuses on the ice rather than the Flora over his shoulder. He doesn't know quite what he expected to happen here, but as the snow starts to fall, and then the ice starts to hammer him instead, it's a fucking time, you know?

Flinching as the ice pellets open a number of shallow cuts over his shoulders, along with one along his cheek, the captain, gives the shrine another wrench with his magic before he releases it and steps back and away, hissing through his teeth. "For the record, you'd have fuckin' died if you came here alone. We'll leave this shit to someone else, come on."
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"OooooOoOoh." Flora trills, unaware of the danger about to hail down on them. "Yes please." A manual of him, mmm? Unhelpfully perhaps, Jack will be treated to a mental image of himself as the star of the Caido-version of a Playboy magazine.

Frowning and stepping back as it starts to snow, and then flinching with a yelp as hail begins to pummel Jack. "Hey, no!" Flora hollars, pointing the torch towards the shrine and waving it defensively. Making a noise that sounded halfway between a moan and a childish mewl of upset, Flora stretches out a hand in Jack's direction while already beginning to scramble her way away from the shrine.
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Change author:
JACK
hellraiser
risk taker
With his lips still forming the Wh part of What the fuck in response to Flora's mental imagery, Jack is interrupted by his own attempts to high tail it the fuck out of there. Not expecting the mewling or the reaching for his hand, it's only the reminder that this is Remi Taliesin's fucking daughter that stops him from shaking Flora off and abandoning her there. Because guess who has a daddy that's a literal angel of death? Ding dong Flora, it's you.

Coiling his arm around her so he can avoid the hand-holdy aspect of this whole thing, Jack turns and drags up some more magic to create a wall of ice, blocking the way to the shrine (or stopping the shrine from coming after them, however you want to slice it). Once they're a safe enough distance away he releases the girl, his fingers instead coming up to touch the cut on his cheek, grumbling a curse under his breath.

"So fuck that," he concludes, scowling at the blood that comes away on his fingertips.
full speed ahead
'til i'm dead

Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Instead of taking her hand, Jack wraps his arm around her and despite the frosty blast from the shrine, Flora is feeling suddenly quite warm. For all of her girlish ideas about where all of this might be leading, Flora is still very aware of the danger that the shrine still poses, and so amply keeps up with Jack's get-away striding.

As soon as they're safe enough, Flora is already twisting to try and position herself against Jack in a way that seems purely accidental. You know, to force one of those impromptu moments when, just after near death, two incredibly good-looking people lock eyes, take pounding breaths, and then madly suck face. Only...he's pulling away and wiping at a dab of blood on his cheek (which makes him look hot, lets be real), and Flora can't help but think it doesn't hurt enough that he can't make out with her.

"Yeah, totally." She agrees, trying not to frown, and instead untying the silk scarf tied decoratively around her neck so that she could step forward to press it against his cheek and then obviously make out.