Girls Day [SE]
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
i am a brutally soft woman
Phoebe couldn't help but laugh a bit at Flora's reaction to the elaboration of all her healing powers entailed.it really oughn't be so shocking given she was Frey's demigoddess, but it was clearly not top of mind when one thought of healing abilities.

"I'm alright now, I promise. So sorry about that." the woman assured and Phoebe smiled and gestured for Flora to come join her. Everything was alright and there was nothing to be embarrassed by, she thought. "So tell me what you've been up to lately." she asked her.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Still feeling a bit uncertain, Flora does as she's told. Plopping down into the chair, she adjusts herself back into the comfortable padding and sighs. "Well...I've actually been to see Frey. A few times." She begins with a Cheshire grin. "Both aspects too, though I did find that the nature aspect was easier to...erm...stay focused with." Of course Phoebe would know exactly what she meant, but that didn't stop Flora's cheeks from growing a touch rosier.

"I've also been...I dunno, sort of dating someone? Only...I guess we haven't made it official, and I haven't really seen him for a few...well, weeks now, and.." Oh. Had it really been that long since she'd seen Jack? Since he'd taken her virginity and then just disappeared into the night? Now Flora's blush turned a touch more red as she tried to shrug.

"You know, just normal stuff I guess."
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe grinned as Flora got comfortable and the pedicurist set to work. She had been to see Frey a few times? Both aspects even. "It takes a special mind to appreciate both sides of Frey... but one *does* make it easier to focus than the other." she agreed with a light laugh. "I find it helpful to focus on Frey as a being rather than the feeling associated with them." she offered as a bit of advice.

But her brow rose as Flora described her love life. "Haven't seen him for a few weeks? Is he a sailor?" Phoebe asked. She couldn't think of any other reasonable reason why a man would just disappear...though she herself had been known to disappear without a trace too. But Torchline was filled with sailors, so it seemed a likely bet.

"Well I am happy for you that you've found someone." she said with a warm smile.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

Crinkling her nose a bit, Flora nods. "Yeah, it's just hard when..well, you know." When you felt like you were going to melt into a puddle and like a strong breeze would send you over the edge.

"I mean..Yeah, I guess? He's a captain." This latter part is added with a small trill of pride, as if Jack's job was something she could take credit for. "But I've seen his ship in the harbour, so....." Pursing her lips into a bit of a frown, Flora occupies herself for a moment with picking a colour for her toes before glancing back to Phoebe.

"Mmm. I also met this girl at Frey's shrine who..." Lowering her voice, she leans towards Phoebe again. "..she kissed me and then just..ran off." Sitting up, brows pulled together, Flora studies Phoebe's face. "Have..you ever..? With a girl..?"
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
"Takes practice." she said. "And a lot of willpower." she added with a laugh. Frey was certainly not one for the faint of heart.

Well Flora's boy troubles seemed far more problematic than Phoebe had taken them for. A captain whose ship was in the harbor still? Odd. If he had completely disappeared the crew would have certainly mutinied and chosen a new captain by now, given the rough and tumble type Torchline was known for. "I'd stake out his quarters then. Brings snacks and a book and just wait. He is bound to turn up on his ship eventually." Phoebe said with a nod.

Phoebe leaned closer as Flora leaned in, and she smiled in amusement at the big secret. "I haven't." she admitted, "But what did you think of it?"
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Blinking, Flora tried to imagine what it would be like for Jack to find her inside of his cabin with snacks and a book. The last time she'd been waiting for him with a book had turned out well, hadn't it? And if he wasn't going to come to her, why shouldn't she go to him? "That sounds like a great idea!" She trills brightly, taking Phoebe's advice to mean stalk the person you like until they're forced to like you back and running with it.

'I...well. I mean, it wasn't bad, I just didn't expect it, you know? One moment we were just talking, and then she just kissed me and left. Almost like she..was embarrassed? Or...didn't want to see my reaction? I mean, why would you kiss someone and immediately leave?"
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe had no idea the very extreme ends her advice had gone to in Flora's mind. Instead she was glad her neice seemed pleased to have it. The midwife had had her share of ups and downs in relationships after all - she thought she had good insight to share.

She picked a rosy pink for her toes as she listened to Flora explain the situation. "That is very strange." she said, furrowing her eyebrows in thought. "But perhaps it is a bit of both? They were embarrassed and so turned and left quickly, but it also means they can imagine you liked it because they don't actually know how you took it." she said, trying to make sense of something nonsensical.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

'Yeah...maybe?' Frowning, Flora turns her gaze to her knees briefly as she shrugs. "She was weird...the first time I met her, she was super rude and started messing with all these things I left out for Frey at one of their shrines. And then the second time I was practicing with the feathers Frey gave me, and she like...half-attacked me? And then kept messing with my feathers, and pinched my butt, but then it was like she dropped the tough act, and once she started acting like a real person, she was sort of cool." Swallowing, Flora can only shrug once more.

"So I said I'd take her to see Frey, since you know, I figured they'd answer me, and then did and gave her a quest. That's when she kissed me and just left so...actually, maybe it was all just because of being in Frey's presence." Frowning to herself, Flora huffs under her breath before giving her head a little shake. " Actually just saying it out loud, that's gotta be it, right?"
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe listened to Flora, glancing at the pedicurist briefly. But as she did so, some puzzle pieces began to come together. Slowly she turned her head back to Flora, staring wide eyed as she continued to describe the woman in question. No. No. It couldn't be. Yet the description was too uncanny for it to be not.

"Are you talking about Amanda by chance?" she asked her, hoping she was wrong even though her gut told her she was right.

But Flora had asked a question herself and Phoebe was momentarily flustered. The kiss was because of Frey? Well why would Frey...oh. Nevermind that stupid thought. "Yes, I would say likely so. Some people do impulsive, sexually driven things like that when Frey has been around."
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Flora's aqua eyes widen for a moment before she grinned sheepishly and nodded. "Yeah...did she kiss you too?" The girl wonders, leaning back in her chair and pondering this new found knowledge.

Okay, so Amanda had only kissed her because of Frey, which actually totally made a lot more sense than the older woman going from..well, nearly a weird enemy to suddenly catching feelings? "Mmm, fair enough. I'll be more strategic about who I go to their shrine with, I guess." Flora decides with a shrug of her shoulders.

Raising one of her toes from the ledge, she tilts her head. "I wonder if Jack will like this colour." She murmurs more to herself than anyone else, already envisioning his hands running up the length of her calves.
never be so kind
you forget to be clever

Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe shook her head. Thank the gods she hadn't. That would have been most unwelcome. "No but her lack of social awareness has rubbed me the wrong way on more than one occassion." she said with a wrinkle in her nose. Amanda was definitely not one of her favorite people and it would show on her face.

As Flora considered her toe nail polish, Phoebe laughed lightly. "In my experience, men tend to focus on other parts of the body than the color of one's nails." she said with a mischevious grin. Her polish would certainly not cross his mind, that much she knew for certain.

And so their pedicures concluded and Phoebe gave Flora a big hug before they parted. It had been a wonderful day and she would be sure to see her neice more often.

{FIN}