{se} personal (manta) ray of sunshine
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
gender nectar sifting
Evie finally notices the circle of dry sand around them, and makes an impressed noise before she swallows. “Is this your magic?” she inquires, poking one finger into the sand near her knee. It’s still dark, and wet with earlier tide contact, but drying slowly in the chilled air from exposure.

Glancing up, she grins as she witnesses his silent pleasure, glad not to have missed it. Clearly both sea and land have wonderful food - or perhaps she’s just a great shopper. “No, I actually only just recently learned to swim myself. My partner spent a day instructing me in the hot springs in the Climb.” The term is still new to her, and Evie realizes with an internal, warm surprise that this is the first time she has even vaguely alluded to her relationship with Deimos to someone else. It’s novel, but enjoyable. “Do you have any tips for the sea, though? Or recommendations for teachers? The springs weren’t still, but it was easy to stand up if I messed up or grew tired.” A luxury she surely wouldn’t have with the ocean.
Through the grain of gold tripping
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Hadama tilted his head in confirmation, the relaxation of the corners of his mouth hinting at a smile. "Indeed." It was a magic he had been so very long without that to have it now brought a sense of quiet pride and accomplishment, especially when he could share the fruits of his labors with others.

But the burger left him quite literally speechless as he tasted flavors that were completely alien to the undersea world. Rich and warm but still salty, with a savory melt-in-his-mouth texture that the merman could see becoming addictive far too easily.

Not that it stopped him from finishing every bite and then neatly licking the juices from his fingers as he considered Evie's situation. How strange, to think that some humans only learned to swim once they were adults. "Melita is a strong swimmer," he rumbled, tilting his head in acknowledgment of the young hellion's strength. There was a definite sparkle of fondness in his green eyes at her name, as well; the young woman was his first human friend but not, he hoped, his last - given present company. "But I do not know of her teaching skills. Hmm. You would be safe practicing with me. I cannot teach the human way of swimming, but you would not drown. The Miana Pool..." He offered his suggestion and his company, and showed Evie the ring he had received from Safrin that allowed those nearby to breathe safely underwater.

They spoke of food and tides and the cautions of currents and, in time their conversation trailed off to a comfortable silence until it was time for them to part ways once more.

But not without a promise to see each other again, and soon.

~Fin~