nothing gold can stay
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The sound of the door opening at this hour isn’t uncommon nor unexpected. Edmund usually coming home around this hour or even Harper managing to slip away from his duties early. However it isn’t either of those voices that drifts towards her through the apartment. It’s entirely unfamiliar and yet the cadence strikes a cord in her. Maeve pauses her hands over the dough she’s currently kneading and grabs the cloth on the counter, wiping the flour from her palms. Maman? There is only one person who she has taught to address her that way. It couldn’t possibly be… ”Jude? Mon petit soleil?” The Queen calls out, rounding the corner into the living room and stopping short at the sight of the boy.

There was no mistaking him. He had all of his father’s best features. She’d recognize him anywhere. Her intake of breath is sharp as her hand comes up to her chest, a tightness there she isn’t expecting as she takes him in, ”Look at you.. when did this happen? Does your father know?” Surely Harper must have some idea. Maeve couldn’t imagine that he wouldn’t, but between going back and forth and his duties, the Attuned might not of had a chance to see him yet.

Finally approaching him, Maeve takes his face between her hands, cupping his cheeks gently as she gazes down at him. ”Oh, you’ve grown so much!” And because it’s been too long since she’s been alone with him and properly held her son, the Nightshade gathers him into a tight hug, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. ”I’ve missed you more than you could know. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there.”
But I don't like a gold rush, gold rush
I don't like slow motion double vision in rose blush

Messages In This Thread
nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-06-2022, 11:01 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-06-2022, 11:30 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-07-2022, 12:14 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-08-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-15-2022, 04:05 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-21-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 10-12-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 10-12-2022, 10:35 PM