nothing gold can stay
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
living in this big blue world with my head up in outer space
Stirring stars instead of sugar in my lemonade
Her tight embrace squeezes out a little breathless giggle as the air is pressed out of his lungs, naive to the turmoil he has caused and the years that now lay lost behind him. Though her promise does have him tilting his head towards her with a curious expression. “Why is it so cold still maman? Miss Amy mentioned it a lot today, normally the field trips are during the warmer seasons.” They’d all had to bundle up quite a lot to go out this time, which was an adventure unto itself given the lack of cold weather clothing in most Torchers closets.

She catches his hands in one of hers, so he can’t gesticulate his excited answer. Instead he wriggles in his seat to display it, feeling like he’ll explode if he doesn’t move in some way. “Strawberry and lime! I didn’t like the ones with stuff in them, they were too cold for my teeth. I liked the fruity ones a lot.” Strawberry, raspberry, even the fun ones like lemon and grapefruit had been favored despite their sourness. But her gentle reminder has him forcefully controlling his excitement in favor of sitting primly, nodding his curly head as he watches her move behind the counter. “Oui, maman. Je me souviens!” Perhaps that too was magic, allowing him to recall a language he’d only been learning for a year, the same way he now understands English.
JUDE

Messages In This Thread
nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-06-2022, 11:01 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-06-2022, 11:30 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-07-2022, 12:14 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-08-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 09-15-2022, 04:05 AM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 09-21-2022, 04:52 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Jude - 10-12-2022, 06:09 PM
RE: nothing gold can stay - by Maeve - 10-12-2022, 10:35 PM