Training [se] between the embers and the stars
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Evie

He’s entirely accurate in his assessment, but seeing the humor return to his face is all Evie had intended, and her success has her grinning. In time maybe ruling will blend together in endless days until it does not seem so dreadful a fate, but for now she is happy to be there to lighten his mood in the early weeks of transition. She would aim not to forget herself, but his presence alone has already achieved that.

“A dragon head with bloodied teeth and gemstone eyes,” she deadpans, only her eyes dancing with the spirit of mirth until she deigns to grin and tilt her head modestly. “I wouldn’t mind either way. Frey and I’s shared thing is plants, so I won’t be disappointed if that’s what they choose.” Utility means more to Evie than aesthetic in the end. Beauty wouldn’t change the reality of a battlefield.

Stifling a groan (unsuccessfully) at how quickly the hour of her death draws near, the Evergreen straps the shield to her forearm reluctantly and mulls over which option is less painful. “Weapons are probably best. Ascended and any other non-Abandoned will be using some form of projectiles.” Plus blocking a gust of air with a shield isn’t something she wants to contemplate the mechanics of.
a golden cage, for all its worth and beauty
is still just a cage

Messages In This Thread
[se] between the embers and the stars - by Deimos - 09-07-2022, 10:51 PM
RE: [se] between the embers and the stars - by Evie - 09-07-2022, 11:28 PM