Training [SE] Snow on the Sahara
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Tal realized he'd offered his hand to Sah only after the hunter hadn't taken it and the courier scowled and hurriedly stuffed the offending fingers into his pocket to keep them out of further mischief. "Yeah, that thing. I think. Need to get closer to make sure," He started heading in that direction, flapping the front of his shirt to create a slight breeze as he walked.

He didn't turn around at Sah's words, lest the hunter see the smug grin that tugged at Tal's lips at hearing that his note had brought the other man out. He didn't question it further, however. Some teasing was best served cold, and the desert was way too fucking hot for it right now. Especially after their fight had got him sweating like an Ascended at a Safrin shrine.

And speaking of... "She's helping me with my goggles," he revealed proudly. "So I can see farther with 'em!" As he walked the 'oasis' didn't seem to be getting any closer and Tal paused again to squint harder through the tinted glass. "Hmm. Hey, what does it look like t'you?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Sah

Sah hummed in acknowledgment. Seemed like Tal was yet another one of his friends allies that had found aid in the Goddess. It intrigued him that so many had done so. Maybe she could help him with the idea that had been in the back of his mind for a few seasons? Regardless, that was a thought for another day.

"Being able to see further with those would certainly be useful. I can see why you'd want to." Those very glasses had helped him and Lilly get through the tar pits. He was sure that they's also help the courier with his job.

Sah's brow furrowed when he too saw that the mirage wasn't getting any closer to them. At the question Sah tilted his head and studied it for a moment before responding. "It looks like a small cluster of trees to me. Fig trees, I think. And I can almost swear that I hear water over there too."

The Abandoned shook his head, "It's odd. What do you see?"
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Tal nodded along at Sah's understanding until he paused and squinted back at the hunter suspiciously. Was that... a pun...?

He decided that if it had been, it was accidental, and no retaliation was required. Turning back around, he kept walking but no matter how many steps they took the oasis didn't seem to be getting any closer. He frowned thoughtfully as he listened to Sah's answer and flapped his shirt harder. Gods, it was roasting out here. No wonder the place was called the Furnace.

"Mm. Trees, yeah, but... they look like palm trees t'me. An' I think that sound is... sand, blowin' over the hardpan?" He shaded his eyes and squinted up, whistling sharply. Boreal dipped her wings in response and arrowed off in the direction they were walking. She swiftly circled a widening spiral before flapping back with her report and Tal nodded in satisfaction. "Yeah, it's not real. I think that's enough for today. I'm ready to find some fuckin' shade!"

~Fin~