Did You Run a Whorehouse?
for Phoebe
Amanda Branford
Scavenger

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Amanda waved a hand at Phoebe's sarcastic tone. "Pfft, what do you know. You're missing the big picture."

She stepped over and put her hands on Phoebe's shoulders. "Do the math. If all Frey--the sex version of Frey anyway--cares about is sex...they need people to fuck. Or people they can watch fuck. Or teach to fuck, or...whatever. The point is, Frey needs people."

Amanda led Phoebe over to the window, gesturing outside at all the people passing by. "Look at them all. Thousands and thousands of people. All of them filled with sexual urges. But," she raised a single finger to accentuate the point, "not all of them giving that sexual energy to Frey.
lots of just wasted horniness that Frey wants to lap up like a thirsty dog. The more people worship Frey, the more go to give offerings at Frey's shrine. The more people Frey gets to fuck."

She put an arm around Phoebe's shoulders, standing side by side. "You," she said, "were helping Frey get laid. Whether it's just for the sake of getting their rocks off, or because sex makes them stronger, or whatever the reason, Frey needs people. The more brothels run by people like you, the more people worship Frey. The more people worship Frey, the more people offer themselves to Frey, giving Frey whatever they want, mind, body, and soul. Frey gets to lap up all that sweet, sweet sexual worship from all the followers you help them earn."

She reached up and booped Phoebe's nose with one finger. "You weren't the real 'madame.' Frey was. Getting everything they want out of your business. Sex brings in more followers. More followers means more sex. And endless circle of...well, you know. If the most important thing to Frey is sex, sex, and more sex, then you raked all that 'profit' in for them."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe blinked as she was suddenly grabbed by the shoulders and then ushered to the window, Amanda's theory cascading from her lips like a waterfall. It wasn't that it didn't make sense, some conclusions seemed reasonable even. That didn't mean that she agreed with it at all though. In fact, it didn't strike her that Frey needed such a convoluted plan to earn followers or get laid.

But again, Amanda seemed fairly decided in her idea, so she wasn't going to argue.

"Uh-huh." she said, her disbelief still tangible in her voice - lying had never been her strong suit. Her eyes squeezed shut briefly as her nose was booped before giving Amanda a blank stare. "Well it seems like you have Frey's master plan all figured out." she said dryly.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name
Amanda Branford
Scavenger

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Completely ignoring the sarcasm, Amanda brushed her hands together. "Yup. You're darn right I do."

She put her hands on her hips, taking another look around the room. "Okay," she said. "You've been a right good friend, helping me out like this. I owe ya one. You ever need something, just let me know." She gave Phoebe a playful smack on the arm. "I've got the connections. Whatever you need, I can find it."

She scratched the back of her head. "Now I just need to find a doll, and talk to a couple more people. You know anyone with a good sex life? Frey says I need to talk to a single person and someone who isn't single and find out about their sex life. And I don't think my own counts."

"You've got to know people, right? Kind of business you were in, you had to make all the social contacts. Know anybody I could talk to?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
A good friend? More like a put upon demigoddess who regretted answering her door. But a favor was a favor she supposed. At least she got...something...out of this whole exchange.

As far as people, well, Phoebe could name a few. "Remi or Ronin Taliesin have been together for a long time and a fellow named Sunjata gets around." she offered. There was Harper and Maeve of course...but she didn't want to think about them or earn more of Maeve's ire by sending Amanda to her. At least with Remi and Ronin she could call it demigod duties. And Sunjata...well...frankly she didn't care if he got irritated or not.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name
Amanda Branford
Scavenger

Change author:
"Remi and Ronin and Sunjata. Got it. Just tell me where to find them."

Once Amanda had the addresses so she could track the soon to be new friends down, she gave Phoebe a big hug. "You're good people. Stop by my shop sometime, I'll hook you up with something nice. I know some craftsmen that can make some nice offerings for you to take to the shrine. Real classy stuff."

With that she headed out the door, feeling quite proud of herself. The unseasonable chill in the air didn't even bother her. This whole "divine quest from a god" thing was turning out to be easier and more insightful than she thought. Before she knew it, she would know all of the god's secrets. Which would surely earn her Frey's trust, she had no doubt.

{end}