Did You Run a Whorehouse?
for Phoebe
Amanda Branford
Scavenger

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Amanda scratched her head. "You built a brothel...specifically to honor a god? I figured you'd have built it to, y'know, make profit." She had been beginning to think that she understood Phoebe, one businesswoman to another. But apparently not.

"So let me get this straight," she said, pacing back and forth and gesturing with her hands as she talked. "Frey is the sex god, so they really like hookers, and hookers can ask Frey for advice on how to...hook better. Or to just practice on Frey themselves."

She thought back to her encounter with Frey, her face turning red. Yeah, she could see Frey being the sort to teach that sort of thing hands-on.

"So you'd find a bunch of street-walkers with a few years of experience under their belts. Got it. Searching for the talent, offer them a better gig if they come to your place. Pretty it up, make it all nice and fancy, let the merchandise practice on each other, everyone has a good time."

She snapped her fingers, her eyes going wide. "Aha!" She pointed right at Phoebe. "I get it now!"

She rubbed her hands together, grinning. "You said you 'supported' them worshiping Frey. But that's not it at all. Oh," she waved a hand dismissively, "maybe that's what you thought you were doing. But I see Frey's tricks now. They want you to bring in these street walkers, show them a nicer way of life, let them live in luxury, drinking champagne and getting down and dirty with each other. And the workers are so grateful for being lifted up off the streets that they're ready to get down on their knees for Frey. Err, in prayer and worship, not in...never mind, with Frey, that's probably the same thing."

She held one hand out to the side, palm up. "Your workers get a nice, new, clean, better life that makes them soooo grateful to Frey for making their lives better." She held her other hand out to the other side. And Frey gets new worshipers for...I dunno, whatever gods need worshipers for." Maybe the gods got off on having people pray to them. She didn't know. But clearly they wanted to be worshiped, and the more worshipers, the better.

"It's a scam. A profitable scam, I'm sure. Must have been raking in the profits, what with your classy upscale joint and all. But the whole point of it is to get people to love Frey more. Heck, I bet the hookers call out Frey's name when they're servicing clients. And you probably got the customers praying to Frey, too. The entire industry just gets Frey more believers. Frey's just a businessman...woman...person. A businessgod."

She nodded seriously. She was confident she'd figured it out.

Messages In This Thread
Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Amanda - 09-23-2022, 10:07 PM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Phoebe - 09-23-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Amanda - 09-23-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Phoebe - 09-23-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Amanda - 09-23-2022, 11:01 PM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Phoebe - 09-24-2022, 12:12 AM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Amanda - 09-24-2022, 12:35 AM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Phoebe - 09-24-2022, 12:52 AM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Amanda - 09-24-2022, 12:57 AM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Phoebe - 09-24-2022, 01:04 AM
RE: Did You Run a Whorehouse? - by Amanda - 09-24-2022, 01:21 AM