should've worshipped you sooner
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi
A lot's been changin' lately and I can't tell
If it's me or if it's everybody else
Nnn? Remi thinks in response, having all but already forgot what it was he'd said to earn such a reply.

While Ronin has been berry-gathering (which sounds like it should be an innuendo for something, honestly), Remi has been in the shallows trying to catch...minnows? Indeed, with one finally plucked and its tail damaged so that it couldn't swim, the raccoon has sat himself down in a slightly deeper section of the river where he's released his wounded little fish.

Looking intently down at his own reflection, as soon as its disturbed by a flash of gold, Remi's dexterous little hands immediately plunge into the water. Holding up a squirming goldfish that tries to slorp from between his paws, Remi grins widely. Oh, I'm lucky. He confirms, before adding: and very clever as well.{s/ay}
we're only human but w?'ve got hands & hearts & noses
So stop and sm?ll the fuckin' roses
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
No sooner has Ronin begun to wade into the water when Remi has plonked himself down, caught and released minnows, and suddenly has a squirming goldfish between his paws. Barking out a laugh, the Huntsman closes the distance between them and scritches the raccoon behind the ears (and if the affection distracts him enough to let go of the fish, so be it).

"Lucky and very clever," he agrees, crouching in the water with him and tilting his head. "Though I don't see any of these shiny things you were collecting. Unless the fish is supposed to count?" Which, knowing his husband's current mood, it absolutely is.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi
The affection absolutely does mean Remi lets go of the fish. Conveniently goldfish aren't the brightest creatures and having so recently found a meal in the shade cast by the raccoon's body, the fish swims in lazy circles wondering if it will find another morsel of food there again.

I had some, but I dropped them. The raccoon mutters, sounding a bit like Mateo when he was younger and was called out on having given up a hobby that only days before he'd been heavily invested in. Or I suppose I left them for Fiadh. I am sure she will find them. Or, more than likely, Remi would find them a few moments later and be thrilled by such a bountiful cache of shinies.

Hey Ronin? Ceasing his inspection of the water, Remi suddenly turns his black-button eyes up towards the Huntsman. ..thank you. For doing this for me.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
Grinning at the fish as much as at Remi's responses, Ronin rolls his shoulders in a shrug. "I'm sure they'll turn up again, for either one of you." Clearly the Huntsman believes in the other man's ability to find his abandoned treasures, and until then, there are berries and minnows and goldfish to amuse them.

"Mm?" Gazing down at the beady black eyes of the love of his life, Ronin feels his cheeks heat up at the gratitude. "I'm still sorry I couldn't talk about it with you before. I just... it was Mort," he mumbles, still quite unable to believe it. So instead of trying to wrap his head around it, he reaches down to scoop the wet raccoon back into his arms, straightening up from the Whispershore.

"Come on. I still owe you breakfast. Blueberries are shiny when they want to be, right?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
Despite leaning very heavily into his instincts since having woken up as a raccoon, Remi fights the urge to struggle and flail that he might better be cuddled. Sopping wet though he mostly is, still the raccoon wraps his arms around Ronin's neck (not that he's able to make it all the way), and forces his head beneath his husband's chin. It is absolutely fine. I know what Mort is like, and I know what you are like, and I know what I am like. All that was to say that given he'd been the subject of conversation between Ronin and Mort, having this as an outcome was unexpected, but not at all surprising.

Bloooobs. Remi agrees, going boneless in Ronin's grip so that the Huntsman's strong arms would help crack his back. I bet you can find the shiniest bloobs. And, with absolutely no help and a ton of unnecessary oversight, Remi would make sure that Ronin did indeed find him the shiniest blueberries.

~FIN