Training [SE] None shall pass
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
...look into a wolf's eyes. You'll never be the same again.
Lilly happily touched noses with her friend, far too pleased with her victory. Sah sucked in much needed air when Lilly jumped off, only for his face to twist at the strange sensation of Boreal's tongue as she jumped off as well. With the weight off of him, Sah rolled over to crash beside Tal, taking his weight off the courier.

"Thanks you two." Sah wheezed out to the two companions. After a few minutes of trying to remember how his own lungs work, the Abandoned carefully got to his feet. Once he had, he looked down at Tal with a tired grin as he held out a hand for the courier to take. "You still alive, Errand Boy?"
Sah
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
A soft wheeze escaped Tal as Sah rolled off and then he gratefully sucked in a deeper breath, eyes closed with the bliss of being able to do so freely again.

And not being pinned in a most embarrassing manner by that guy.

He enjoyed the sensation of glorious breathing for several minutes before he pushed himself up into a sitting position, making sure nothing had gotten cracked inside along the way. A few bruises from their tumultuous roll across the end of the bridge were all he could find and as Sah reached down Tal reached up automatically to take the offered hand, pulling himself fully to his feet.

"Can't kill me that easy, Jester," he teased back with a sharp grin and a squeeze of Sah's hand before letting go. "Next time I won't go so easy on you, though."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah pulled Tal up with ease, giving the courier a quick once over to make sure he was one piece. Seeing that he was, the Abandoned just let out a small snort of laughter before returning the tight grip. "Oh? Good to know." He gave Tal a feral grin, "I'm looking forward to it."  And with a mischievous glint he added, "Not that I'm expecting a different outcome."

Lilly ran over and nudged Sah's hand, demanding her reward of ear scratches. Chuckling, Sah indulged her only to let out a small sigh at her sudden mental prod. Letting out a sigh, he glanced at Tal awkwardly. "I've been meaning to say this, and don't you fucking dare make it weird." This was hard enough as it was for his poor ego.

Taking a deep breath Sah reluctantly continued, "Thank you. For... helping me with my quest and all that." He waved his hand vaguely, "You know, the obsidian, ice, moral support etc. Thanks."

Sah bit the inside of his cheek, fully expecting either a playful jibe or an equally awkward response. Both sounded horrible. Normally, thanking people was easy. But this was Talyson and it just felt wrong, even if it was deserved.
Sah
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Tal just scoffed through his own grin. "I'll let Dierdre know you'll be needin' some humble pie t'go with those rum cookies," he shot back smugly. Boreal just snorted a smoke cloud of amusement and trailed after Lilly to lean against the courier's side - and then sit on his foot, trapping him in place while Lilly's bonded said what he needed to say.

It was already off to a bad start, with Sah's warning about weirdness causing Tal's grin to fade and his nose to wrinkle in wary alarm. Boreal's weight on his foot kept him from retreating from the potential awkwardness, so there was no escape at the sudden outpouring of...

Gratitude?

For several long beats there was silence and stillness as Tal just stared at Sah, not quite believing what he was hearing. Then he wriggled his foot out from under Boreal and stepped forward, reaching a hand towards Sah's forehead with a worried look on his face. "Lemme just... take a look. Sounds like y'cracked your head pretty good when we went down." Which was easier to believe than the hunter going soft on him or... whatever this was.

Tal just hoped the other man couldn't see the uncomfortable heat crawling up his neck and ears.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah refused to look at Tal as things fell silent. He glanced up when he heard the approach and the Abandoned's eyes widened as the courier touched him. Gritting his teeth, Sah felt the tips of his ears burn red, "I'm not concussed." This was an even worse reaction then Sah could have predicted.

Still flushed he stepped back and frowned at Tal, "Just say you're welcome so we can please move on from this conversation and never talk about it again." It was a slight consolation to see that the courier was also red in the ears. But only barely. The longer this stretched out, the more Sah wanted to smack him upside the head. Give him a concussion, maybe that would help.

Lilly huffed at Boreal with amused exasperation. Their bondeds were idiots.
Sah
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Scowling at the protest, Tal checked Sah's eyes to make sure the pupils were the same size before Sah retreated. The courier tried not to look too relieved - at the distance between them again? The apparent healthiness of the other man? That he wasn't the only one blushing? - as he jammed his hand back into a pocket and rocked back on his heels.

"Mmm. Look, y'don't have t'thank me. Makes it awkward. It's just... y'know. Somethin' we do for ea--for fellow Halovians." He glared at the dragon who had flopped into her belly beside Lilly and was openly laughing at him with gaping jaws and a lolling tongue. "But if it makes y'feel better, sure. You're welcome, I guess." He sucked in a slow breath and then spoke so fast the words practically tumbled over each other coming out. "An' thanks for helpin' me out, too, today. Now let's go."

Back to home, Halo, and the families that waited for them there.

~Fin~