[se] everywhere, there is life
open!
Amanda Branford
Scavenger

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Amanda rolled her eyes. "Right. 'When Safrin asks you to.' Y'all and your devotion to these useless gods." She waved a hand dismissively. "Can't think for yourself? Every time I meet one of you devout types, it's always 'If the gods say this,' and 'let me offer you tribute.'"

She snorted and shook her head. "Look, no offense and all, but the gods really don't care about us. Well, not about people like me, anyway. If I were going to kill something, or someone, I wouldn't go asking the gods what they thought about it first. What are they going to do? Pop down in front of me and tell me, 'No, you shouldn't have killed this time because we didn't ask it of you.' No thank you. I ain't about to ask their opinion about it any more than I would ask them what to eat for breakfast."

She finished packing up her spoils and wiped her knife off on her pants before sheathing it. "Lemme ask you something," she said, crossing her arms and looking Noah in the eye. "What would you do if one of the gods told you to kill someone, and you didn't think that person deserved to die? Would you do it anyway? Take a life to serve the bidding of the gods. Or would you defy the gods' will and refuse?"
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

There was little arguing. There was no need to defend himself. Though, Noah did not think that the woman had considered all of the intricacies of this world. For what she said about the gods disliking people like her, Noah wondered if it was because of her race or because of her actions -- the scavenging didn't look good on them. Twirling his spear again as he listened to her talk, Noah rocked his weight back and nodded. He didn't have much to say, except, "I am a demigod, not an Ascended." Which meant, ultimately, that he still had free will -- and Vi would let him use it. Then, without another word, Noah used his magic to bounce back towards the town.

FIN
I'll follow you down through the eye of the storm

Don't worry I'll keep you warm