in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Harper

What can he say to that? There is no comfort he can give her, and it hurts. Ever since they’d met, he has tried to heal the old wounds her soul holds. There for her in every dark moment, every wrong turn, and still he could do nothing to change fate’s insidious plans. So he merely takes each word quietly, hoping the act of saying them would help if nothing else.

“I’ll see if his teacher here can coordinated with the Sidhe one so he isn’t overloaded,” he agrees softly. It would be far from ideal, attending two different schools on an alternating basis, but their boy is sweet and strong. Harper hates to ask it of such a young boy, but he hopes his son will be brave and - most of all - patient with his parents, who all love him enough to put aside all other grievances.

Her detachment can’t be overcome this time, not like he’d done before. It is a bitter, painful reality. “Assumed in the sense that we were in a committed relationship, one we didn’t intend to be temporary. Marriage…it’s an assumed eventuality.” Sighing, Harper drags his hands through his hair, gripping it right at the base of his neck until the pain is all he can think about. Not the sitting of his own eyes, or the hollowness of hers. “I had just seen you come back from seemingly nowhere. And my feelings for you never went away, even in your absence. I wasn’t careful enough with my words; I tried not to lead you on or give you hope, but I can never bear to hurt you either Phoebe.” Never intentionally.
I am water - soft enough to offer life
tough enough to drown it away

Messages In This Thread
RE: in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet - by Harper - 10-12-2022, 09:31 PM