in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
His silence is validating in a way, as is his acceptance. She would move away. They would work something out with Jude's schooling. And she would mend, in time. Time she had thought would never come again, her heart having finally found safe hands to rest it. But heartache enveloped her like an old, unwelcome friend, one she would have to sit with until it faded to naught but another scar on her heart.

How many scars could one heart carry before truly splitting she wondered?

His words sit in her stomach like boulders, heels sinking into the ground from their weight. "You hurt me everytime I see our son. His hair, his nose, his smile, his kind heart. I will never truly escape you." she said shakily. This was the reality of having children - they were a shared creation. Even if she left him at Harper's door, she would still see Harper every time she looked at her perfect boy.

"It would be so much easier if I could hate you." she said, crossing her arms and looking away. But how could she? This was misfortune not adultry. She couldn't write him off like she had Sunjata. "But I don't. I can't. Yet I don't have the words to describe how much more painful it is that you are still the man I fell in love with even now." Even as he let her go. Even as he loved another woman enough to marry her.
i could be all sad but i have shit to do

Messages In This Thread
RE: in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet - by Phoebe - 10-12-2022, 09:55 PM