in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
She turned her head to look at him, surprised by his words. He had Maeve. He was getting married. It hadn't occurred to her that this was hard for him beyond some self-imposed guilt that he was so predisposed to placing on himself. But as he explained more, she felt tears rise in her eyes again. He still loved her. And she still loved him.

"I suppose love isn't always enough, is it?"

The words spring from her lips before she could think - but they were true nontheless. Phoebe had proven unstable, unreliable, too affected by the natural and supernatural whims of Caido. Maeve had been steady and constant - and that was what he wanted. Maeve would marry him when she had been hesitant. Maeve had been there when she had been sucked away. They were star-crossed, the valley between them becoming too wide to reach across.

"Maeve told me how upset you were." she said softly. "And I...it may not mean much, and is easier said than done, but I don't want you to torture yourself over this, Harper." she said softly, wiping quickly at her eyes. "No one did anything wrong. You're a brilliant father and I know you'll be a brilliant husband. You deserve happiness and I want nothing more than for you to be happy, even if it isn't with me." Her last words come out choked and she turned away, tears suddenly streaming down her face. Truer words she had never spoken, but they sliced between her ribs like a knife.
i could be all sad but i have shit to do

Messages In This Thread
RE: in the eye of a hurricane there is quiet - by Phoebe - 10-12-2022, 10:33 PM