Personal Quest Defending the Skies
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
Looking at the dragoon emblem in his hands, Ever considers arguing detailing a few reasons he thought this was a poor idea. However given how quickly his friend seemed to wander off to complete his portion of the task, Ever thought perhaps he might try doing the same. Besides, Mateo wasn't the only one with a parent whose name he could drop to accomplish tasks here in Stormbreak, and though Ever would never think of doing the same, he could try and find them for assistance if the situation called for it.

Making his way towards the Tower which had once been his home, Ever glanced around for the various piles of materials he knew were laying about. Finding someone who appeared to be in charge (and then finding someone else, because apparently picking out who was in charge was not a skill the boy had), Ever put to them his task and inquired as to whether or not he might be permitted to take some materials back for fortification purposes.
But if the song never stopped, it wouldn't have any magic
So even though it's gotta end, I'll keep singing along
Lisbeth Elliea
Soldier

Age: 20 | Height: 4'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lisbeth made the rounds of the skyships currently docked, asking each of them about their cargo. Most were hesitant to talk to her, but she managed to get some more positive responses when she started dropping the names of her superior officers. Unfortunately, she didn't actually have the autho7to either commandeer the supplies or offer any money for them.

Stumped, she went back to check the inventory again. While she still found them short on wood, she did see that they had a surplus of some other hardware like nails and brackets, along with some extra coils of thick, durable rope.

She returned to the most reasonable captain shed spoken to and began negotiating a trade. She wasn't very experienced at it and by the time she was done, she was pretty sure she'd gotten ripped off in the trade. But she managed to get the needed wood regardless, so she decided to chalk it up as a success.

She returned to the worksite and looked over the supplies her recruits had gathered as well.

"I think we're good," she said, giving a satisfied nod. "Looks like we're going to finish just in time."

---

Tasks completed. I think one more round of posts should wrap it up.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
Having had to navigate this day on his own far more than he'd have liked, Ever could feel his social and emotional batteries running extremely low. So it was that as soon as Mateo came into view, the boy gravitated to his friend like a magnet. "Hi." He mumbled under his breath, refusing to make eye contact with any of the workers or Lisbeth for fear that more tasks might be placed upon them.

Though Ever was not prone to lying, excuses like my mom needs me at the Tower, or my dad is involved in a high profile crime and I need to take notes about it bubbled heavily on his tongue. He might have been tempted to use them were it not for Mateo at his side. "Do...you think any of your plants at home need watering?" He wondered, knowing his friend would understand this innocuous question as the plea for help it was.
But if the song never stopped, it wouldn't have any magic
So even though it's gotta end, I'll keep singing along
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
My spores been growing by the day; my days been shining bright
Glad to see that his work has paid off, Mateo does a great job (he thinks) of supervising the crew as they craft the ammunitions for the weaponry along the edge of the Skyport. By the time his friend approaches him, in fact, there is plenty of ammo to go around, and the Taliesin boy glances at Everest with a bright and dimpled smile.

"Hmm? Oh, no," he says, because even though he can sense the desperate hope in Ever's voice, Mateo never neglects his plants, thank you very much. "But I am real hungry. Come on, let's go get some lunch." With a smile and a wave across to Lisbeth, he's already heading away from the Skyport - such is the way of being a child and being able to put down tasks as easily as one picked them up.

"Thanks for letting us help!" he calls. "I hope we never have to use it, though!"
mateo!

Lisbeth Elliea
Soldier

Age: 20 | Height: 4'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 6 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Lisbeth gave the two boys a salute as they started to go. "Good work, men. You've served Stormbreak well."

She worked on wrapping things up with the construction crews, ensuring that she dotted all the t's and crossed all the i's. Then she gave one more personal inspection of everything. The ammunition seemed to be in good supply. She walked along the docks, pressing her foot up and down in a few spots to make sure there were no signs of weakness. And she had the ballistae fire a couple of practice shots to test them out and calibrate the aim.

Satisfied that everything had been done well, she dismissed the work crews and headed back towards the city. She would report in to her commanding officer, thankfully able to report that her mission had been a success. Mateo had been right...hopefully, the defenses wouldn't even be needed. But if the enemy did come to the sky docks, at least they would be well prepared.

{end}