Copperline [SEASONAL EVENT]
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Listening with a soft and boyish eagerness, Remi nodded as she explained. It seemed...strange to think that someone might die from something as simple as the fall of a tree, what with all the magic about. But then again knowing Ludo (though not really understanding its relationship with death) it wasn't that much of a stretch to think that the god would find ways to collect souls even in the best conditions.

The word was all that Remi needed to hear. With a sympathetic nod, he offered Maea an apologetic half-smile, lowering his eyes to their feet with a respectful hum. "I am so very sorry to hear that. I thought once that ample preparation would make LongNight bearable...but after having experienced it myself now, I do not think that will ever be the case."

Thinking nothing at all of the chaotic life that grew in the garden, Remi simply followed and nodded obligingly enough. "I think it sounds perfect!" The alchemist replied with a youthful zeal in his tone that quickly spread into a wide smile. Taking some of the seeds, he offered a few to Maea. "How deep do you think the holes should be?" He asked, kneeling down into the soil and seemingly thinking nothing of the fact that he was going to have both grass and dirt stains on his pale-coloured trousers.

REMI
Loving you was sunshine, but then it poured
& I lost so much more than my senses
'Cause loving you had consequences
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
Oh, the preparations before Long Night did work, no doubt about that. Only a fool did nothing before the darkness fell, but it was never a guarantee. No matter how carefully you prepperd, there was always room for error, and as people were only human, both mistakes and accidents could happen. Maea vad broder endlessly over what must have happened for her whole family to vanish without a trace of damaged inside the house, and the closest thing she had to an explanation was that the demons had gotten to the sheep first. A dog har died; hearing it squeal must have been too much for one of the children, and if one of them rushed outside, so would the others. To help, or bring them back... and that would have been it.

Unwilling to discuss the matter, the merely nodded in acceptance of the sympathy Remi offered, and shifted her focus to the seeds he gave her.

"Not too deep, I don't think" she replied after inspecting them briefly. "Just enough so that birds don't pick them up again. A finger deep?" Said and done, she poked some holes in the dirt and dropped a seed into each, made another set of holes and repeated the action until her fingers were dyed black from the damp soil and her hand was empty. Then, using her fingers as an improvised rake, Maea covered up the holes with more dirt and brushed off her hands, smiling at the familiar comfort of doing something she was familiar with.

Focusing on Remi and Isla, she did not register when something rustled off towards the other end of the garden; a suggestion of movement, a flash of green... It could just be the wind.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259

Watching Maea work, for a moment the alchemist was content to simply soak up her knowledge and expertise. Then, using both fingers and his earth magic, he began to mirror her movements. "I am not even sure if it will grow here, or what use it will be...but it is something of home. I did not realize how sentimental I could be about such things. " He admitted with a boyish laugh and shrug.

Eyes on the ground, Remi did not notice the greenish flash either. Instead, he simply leaned back with his hands resting on his knees, looking proudly at the overturned earth before them. "The soil appears so much richer after it has been worked." He said with an approving and rather wistful smile. "I really do appreciate you letting me plant this here. Is there anything I can do for you in return? I am an alchemist, for what that is worth. But rather handy at other things—" He said, looking at the chaotic state of the yard, before letting his soft gaze fall back upon the farmer.

REMI
Loving you was sunshine, but then it poured
& I lost so much more than my senses
'Cause loving you had consequences
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
MaeA
Whatever it had been, it was disinterested in the humans for now and did not bother them. Maea sat back on her heels and let Remi do the rest of the planting, content to bask in the pleasant glow of being able to help someone.

"It's my pleasure, really" she smiled, brushing her hands free from the soil. Not quite black, not as rich as it ought to be, but yes; it did look better. "You don't have to do anything, så you can see there is plenty of space here. More than I can use, so if you need space to grow other things, herbs or such you're free to make yourself comfortable."

Then, upon reflection, she amended; "If I think of something else, I'll come find you. Deal?"

Accepting help without being able to repay was uncomfortable after all, and while she did need help with everything at this point, Maea wanted to at least try managing on her own.
you're so cold, but you feel alive.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦