Mini Event What Dreams May Come
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
It was a daunting prospect, all of it. Even considering a world where no barrier limited access to the outside was difficult for a Natural, born and bred, and Maea shuddered at the prospect of so many people leaving. The idea of others coming in to claim the land they had worked so long and hard to cultivate was even more frightening. Vivid images flashed through her thoughts of grim-faced barbarians storming through the Settlement with sword in hand, hacking down anyone who got in the way. Farms burning, the Atheneum plundered, and meanwhile chaos amongst the residents, Natural and Outlander alike, because of the lack of structure within the Hollows.

Perhaps it was alright for each person to govern themselves now, but later? Later might be too late.

Somewhat nervously Maea raised a hand when Jigano asked for suggestion. Neither accustomed to not comfortable with speaking up in front of so many people, the petite albino woman nevertheless stood up, taking comfort in the fact that she could address her friend rather than the crowd.

"My name is Maea Valair, I'm a Natural, a farmer and as of recently a Loreseeker."

"I think I speak for more than myself when I say that staying or leaving will not be an easy choice. I've lived here all my life, and never thought I would even talk about things like the barrier coming down... But if it happens, if the outside does come to find us, I want to be able to face it with pride. We survived this far, after all..."

Looking down, she grupper her hands tightly and drew for breath, trying to formulate her thoughts in a way that made sense to others.

"Currently this region has no leaders. There have been in the past, I think, but not right now. Why this is, I don't know but perhaps it is time to reestablish some form of... Council or such. One that can represent and speak for those who chose to stay within the Hollow Ground, protect these lands and people, and ensure that not all of the lives and traditions we have built here over so many generations are lost."

She glanced out towards the sea of faces and just as quickly looked back to her silver-haired Provost, led in her stomach and an uncomfortable prickle of eyes against the back of her neck as she sat down again.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
What Dreams May Come - by Jigano - 03-09-2019, 11:17 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Remi - 03-10-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Maea - 03-10-2019, 01:12 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Ronin - 03-10-2019, 02:01 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Edrei - 03-10-2019, 10:25 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Samuel - 03-11-2019, 09:26 AM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Jigano - 03-11-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Deimos - 03-11-2019, 11:10 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Jigano - 03-17-2019, 08:47 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Maea - 03-18-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: What Dreams May Come - by Remi - 03-18-2019, 05:49 PM