Sand in Uncomfortable Places
for Ray!
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Taking the implied warning, Ray tightened her grip slightly. She held on, watching in wonder as the mer efficiently hunted the crab. It was over quickly much to her relief. The crab needed not suffer unnecessarily. As the crab died, the herbalist committed the knowledge that Hadama was imparting onto her, to memory.

As the two collected the fallen crab she posed her questions, Do you know if it just works for common colds? Or for more serious illnesses?  And do you remember if it needs to be prepared or administered a specific way? Hadama had a whole wealth of knowledge that she'd never had access to before. It was difficult to restrain herself to just a few questions.
In death
And in what comes after
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 49 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
At least, being underwater, the crab wasn't nearly as heavy as it would be once they surfaced. It was however, awkward and unwieldy and Hadama was grateful for the second pair of hands to help fold legs in so it could be tied up and the whole carapace slung over his back like a hard, prickly backpack. He stretched out his hand to Ray again when they had finished, beginning the swim back towards the surface.

Sicknesses, yes. Injuries, no, he answered, gently amused at the barrage of questions and the healer's excitement in her art. My mother said that it... he paused, seeking the right word before finally settling on: fortified the body. To help it fight off illnesses inside. He lapsed back into silence for a little ways, trying to remember further details. I ate it mixed with the ground up fruit of the Ribbon Seagrass.
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Ray
Vibrancy is crucial
In life
Ray nodded; I see. I know a merchant at the port who sometimes sells ribbon seagrass and their fruits. A thrill of excitement went through the bond, the herbalist eagerly anticipating testing out her new knowledge.

As they breached the surface, the Attuned took a deep breath of fresh air, Ah, that feels more natural. Letting go of Hadama's back, Ray treaded water beside him. Thank you so so much for this. I really appreciate it and I had a lot of fun! We should do it again sometime. Being able to see the life beneath the water was magical and it made her wish all the more for an aquatic shift in the future.
In death
And in what comes after
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 49 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5695
Like the waves washing gently into a tide pool, Hadama's pleasure at her enthusiasm and admiration for the herbalist's dedication warmed the bond. Next time, I would like to learn more of your work, he requested courteously. And how your tests with the crab have gone. At least the giant spider crab would provide enough meat for quite a few tests before she would need to hunt for another!

Thanks to the ring's magic they could surface without needing to stop along the way. Back in the sunlight, the mermanta used his magic to boost their swimming back towards the Kuali Isles as they spoke. I enjoyed it as well. I am happy to guide you when you want to go again, he offered, pleased and relaxed from their day of hunting and gathering.

When they reached Ray's boat he helped to load the crab into it before bidding her a good afternoon. Then it was back into the depths for him while his human friend returned to her own world upon the shore.

~Fin~