evermore
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
She couldn't help it. His simple reaction unleashed a fit of giggles that bubbled up from her core. Tears welled in her eyes as she belly laughed, shaking her head. "Oh fuck is right." she managed with a sniffle before another wave of giggles hit her. It was an emotional release. She had been trying so hard to keep it together, so hard not to lose herself in grief, and somehow Sunjata hit just the right chord to bring her tumbling down. Just like old times.

"Oh please, it is true." she said with a laugh, drying her eyes with her hands. "I wanted too much from you, so you ran off with another. For Harper me being wrapped up in the fates of this world was too much so he chose to stay with Maeve when I returned." she said shaking her head. "It just is what it is. Some of us aren't meant to find someone. I'm just one of those people."
When the static clears
And all is said and done
I will realize that we all need someone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 5337
SUNJATA
at another place in time, you were infinitely mine
relatively alright, when berenstein was fine
He doesn’t anticipate her fit of giggles, surprise crossing his face again as the shock of it twists the corners of his lips up. He doesn’t laugh though, not apart from a soft snort (surprised enough that such a reaction could happen between the two of them.)

As the conversation turns though, he rolls a shoulder in a shrug, letting the amusement fade for perhaps some amount of commiseration with her. “Well, perhaps we’ll be in the same boat once this is all done. If the Ascended fail then I lose Nate like I lost Lusea.” And all signs had pointed to such a thing to happen. There’s a hint of awkwardness immediately after. “So I suppose at the very least, not the only one alone.
at another place in time, only parallel to mine
the universe was alright, when berenstein was fine
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
"If the Ascended win you'll lose him too." she pointed out gently. He was an Old God demigod after all. He would suffer the consequences no matter which side won. It was a lose-lose situation for him. And for a brief moment she felt something of a cross between pity and compassion for him. He had toed the line separating old from new for as long as he could, and now that line had broken, and only one side would survive.

At the mention of not being alone on the "alone" boat, Phoebe chuckled wryly. "Don't tell me you're going to suggest one of those pacts where if we both end up alone we get back together." she said dryly with a smirk, crossing her arms. She knew that hadn't been where he was going with the conversation, but it would be funny to see him squirm a bit.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
A low rumble of agreement leaves him, a bit of sorrow at the fact that she was likely right. But he hopes the connection to Frey at the very least would be some sort of saving grace. It’s also very likely they’re far past any of those.

Her next comment reaches him and instead is squirming, he snorts, raising a newly scarred brow toward her as he scans her. “Are we sure that wasn’t Frey’s plan?” He asks, his tone shifting into conspiracy. “They did marry us, after all.” And jestingly, perhaps Frey was in it for the long hall just to see where their two demigods ended up.

Probably not, but the thought is still somewhat amusing. It keeps the crooked and boyish smile on his lips.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
That Jata didn't immediately start to squirm was somehoe all the more satisfying. Instead he turned the joke back on her in familiar banter. But she wasn't nearly so meek and mild as she used to be. She was up to meet his banter straight on.

So she shrugged, smirk still curving her lips. "The sex was always good and plentiful so that very well could be." she said with a light chuckle. Even with all the faults and cracks that had comprised their relationship, intimacy had never been an issue for the two. It had all started as an attempt at a one night stand after all. "But something tells me that even with kids you're still not the settling down type. Or as settled down as a demigod can be." Their lives were at the whim of their parent god after all.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
If it can stay like this, it’ll be easy for him in the Haven with her. And part of that realization is a breath of fresh air, seeing that small smirk that crosses her face, a matching one finding his own – tugging up the scar that leads half up his cheek. “All a part of their master plan.” He agrees with her, humming a soft laugh that vibrates in his throat as he visibly relaxes – shoulders loosening in their tension, his steel gaze growing softer.

She continues, though, and the amusement still remains – a shoulder shrugging lightly. “I try to be these days, but.” It’s never entirely worked out for him – and now being a Frey demigod likely didn’t help the fact that he’d led quite the promiscuous life in Caido ever since he’d arrived. “Perhaps I follow Frey more closely these days in seeking out my pleasure above the rest of it.” The brow remains raised as he looks at her, the small smirk still plays on his face before he huffs a laugh and looks away again, down the street the opposite way toward the fields where rows of trees grow in different stages of life, before returning back on her.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Ah so you're the sexual aspect to my nature aspect." she said, drawing parrallels between themselves and the two aspects of Frey. How clever of them. Obvious, but clever all the same. She and Sunjata were equal but opposite halves, just like Frey. "Perhaps we ought to confront them about this." she said, face and tone going serious.

But it only lasted for a moment and she began to laugh again. It was a preposterous idea really, confronting Frey about divine conspiracies. Even if they were right they'd likely get some riddle of an answer and the undeniable impulse to strip eachother. "How will you balance doing that on your own though, being a pleasure seeker and a father." she asked curiously. He had very tangible responsibilities after all. And since the likelihood was that he would no longer have Nate by his side, he would have to see to them on his own.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Hmm. It would make a lot of sense.” And it does, in a way that’s almost clear on the wall, annoying to see just how up front it had been and he’d missed it. Perhaps they should confront them over it. The idea of it was entertaining, shoved away into a box for later to ponder. “Perhaps we should.” He agrees, that crooked grin returning to his face as he listens to her laughter, before the question hits.

A low rumbled chuckle leaves him and he steps closer to her, bending slightly to get a bit more into her space. “There’s always a way.” He flashes a wink to her before he pulls away and back into his own space. “For now, though, I have help with them. Teachers and such. Gave me time to work on this among other things.” The lightning scarred hand lifts to gesture to the safe haven around them.

After all, Nate had been busy with his own demigod quests. And they had managed it just fine.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her head tilted up as he suddenly stepped into her space, leaning over her in the way he used to. The way things had been before this clashing of war, in simpler times when the world's biggest problems seemed to be rooted in the heart of their spite-filled love. Her eyes widened briefly, the hum of his words and ephemeral wink catching her off guard. Her heart briefly fluttered and...

Wait. Her heart fluttered? What nonsense was this?

He stepped back as quickly as he had stepped forward, chatting casually about refuge daycare. The Nightingale blinked, still reeling from what had just occurred. Finally she gathered her senses and put her hands on her hips, stepping forward into his space now. "What was that about just now, hm? Flirting with your ex-wife for fun's sake?" she said, chin tilted high to maintain eye contact with him. Her tone was prim but playful, honeyed eyes watching him closely, seeing what he was or wasn't willing to admit to.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It is almost like old times, only far more grey hairs splotch his crop of hair, there’s so many more scars and tattoos that cover his skin. And for her? Perhaps not so much visible scars, but internal ones. Things have changed and at the very least they’re having a conversation that so far is going well. Better than well, actually.

Dark brows rise as she steps into his space, his steel gaze maintaining her honeyed brown ones. “Maybe” That crooked smirk dances along his face again, head tilting slightly as he regards her. “Is there a problem with that?” He shifts the question back onto her, shifting his weight as his hands find his own hips, mimicking her with surprise playfulness. “You did just say that the sex was good, so.” If nothing else, it stokes that inner ego.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Maybe. Is there a problem with that?"

Her lips tugged into a smirk, shaking her head slowly. The nerve of this man! The gall! They had all just bid their loved ones goodbye - his husband amongst them - and now here he stood flirting with her! But was it a problem? It certainly wasn't hers. And in honesty it was nice. It was odd coming from Sunjata but after weeks of feeling unwantable it was refreshing. "No, I suppose there isn't." she said, a playful look in her gaze as she stepped back.

"I never would have said anything contrary." she said with a shrug, knowing full well how it stoaked is generally already inflated ego. The sex had been good. They'd been very compatible that way. It was the myriad of other incompatibilities that had pushed them apart. At least, that's what she had thought. "Would you disagree?" she asked, curious if there was at least something they could agree on.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Good.” He rumbles immediately, that smirk still remaining even as she takes a step back into her own space, that playful look still dancing in her honeyed gaze. “That’s also good to know.” He murmurs, amusement sticking in his accented voice as he shifts his weight again, head tilting slightly as he watches her.

Sure, he had just said his goodbyes to Nate. But before that? He’d tanked Neron up with shifts, used the room, had a great time. And for him, was this truly all that different? His typical coping strategies coming to the forefront of his mind when she asks him if he’d disagree.

A dazzling ivory smile crosses his face, tugging at the scar as he shakes his head. “I wouldn’t disagree.” But what did it exactly mean, to be standing here flirting with his ex wife? Was this what Frey had wanted?
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Her own ego fluffs up as he admits he wouldn't disagree. Hers is not nearly the size of his, but it was still there to be stoked. She didn't consider herself to be one of real sexual prowess, too stuck on relationships to be promiscuous enough to have learned a lot in that arena. So it seemed high praise of what skills she did possess coming from someone like Sunjata who got around like he did.

Really, she would never grasp how his husband could be okay with that.

But it was good to see him smile, it warmed her in an unexpected way. She had vilified him for so long she had forgotten that he too was human. Or as human as a demigod could be. "So what does this mean then?" she said, posing the question that had been running through his mind unspoken. The Nightingale stood before her ex-husband, warmed by his smile and playfulness after years of cold-hearted hatred. What did it mean to feel something of a spark with him again?
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
They had spent years vilifying one another, bitterness that had grown and blossomed into a vile beast that had them lashing out and getting under one another’s skin after everything. Only now, there’s no secrets. The cat is out of the bag on who they are as people. Sunjata’s had to come face to face with the villains of his past and had to overcome them.

So now, her question hangs in the air between them and Sunjata ponders it for a moment, turning back to the little shop window he’d been at earlier, picking up the prepared items he intends to take back with him, returning to her and stepping closer. “I suppose it means that maybe we both aren’t so terrible to one another.” He begins, head tilting her way slightly, the scent of sandalwood and honey and the air of cigarette smoke envelops her. “And perhaps if the need arose Frey would approve of their demigods blowing off some steam together.” This is said with another wink as he readjusts the bundle in his arms.