evermore
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
She hummed a quiet agreement, mimicking his way of acknowledgement. Perhaps they weren't so terrible to one another. It had taken years of healing and time apart to realize it, but it seemed at least a peace could be found between them.

She noted his scent this time as he stepped closer, and briefly she pondered if he had some sort of cologne on. Or was this part of his demigodhood?

His comment had her laughing again, a bright smile curving her lips. "You and I both know Frey would approve of us blowing off steam with anyone." she said. As much as she preached Frey's well roundedness, Frey was in part a sexual being. But the thought did bring a slight flush to her cheeks.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
I will realize that we all need someone
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 5337
SUNJATA
at another place in time, you were infinitely mine
relatively alright, when berenstein was fine
His scent magic doesn’t work within the haven, but it is a mixture of his favorite things — all wrapped up in one package, sticking to him. Just as her own magic doesn’t work within, but that simply just meant it was like old times — two Accepteds, figuring out this new place and how to pave their ways through it.

He sees the flush shortly after her comment, the smirk shifting back to his face as a deep rumbling laugh leaves him once more. “Alright, fair point.” It wasn’t wrong at all and precisely why Frey had thought he’d be a good fit for that aspect of them. But it does go without saying that they both would likely have some time to kill.

He shifts the bundle once more in his arms before he straightens up. “I need to drop this off. You’re welcome to join me if you’d like.” An olive branch extended, of starting over in this place away from the chaos of war.
at another place in time, only parallel to mine
the universe was alright, when berenstein was fine
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled as he laughed and agreed with her point. Briefly she could have believed it was old times. Before their relationship had fallen to ruin. Before this war threatened everything they knew and everyone they loved. But it was a brief respite. Phoebe couldn't forget the reality of the world they were in.

The Nightingale glanced at the bundle in his arms, then back to his steely gaze. "I'll come along." she said, straightening. It would be a good way to get the lay of the land at the very least. "Where are you headed?" she asked curiously. It didn't seem like him to play errand boy, unless he had really taken to being overseer of the refuge.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
It almost felt like old times – would be far more of a relief to pretend that it was, that there wasn’t the hardship of war on the other side. But they both don’t get that luxury, and instead the two of them are here in the safe haven among so many others, magic and shiftless, trying to simply survive (thankfully with the help of Frey) until the war ended and they could see what ‘new world’ awaited them.

She agrees to come with him, though, and his long legs start to take him toward the end of the path where it branches off into the variety of homes and cabins that have popped up as people started to settle in. “This one is sort of a two-part drop off. Half of it’s to go to the school while the other half goes to the fishing nursery.” He shifts a bit while he walks, keeping it an easy pace that she can keep up with as he shows her which bundle belongs to who. The school one has supplies needed for the rooms and the teachers while the other fishery bundle has a collection of tea and coffee for those that have been running it and making sure this first week goes smoothly.

A token of appreciation, as it were. “I’ve been dropping them off all day. We have quite a few children staying with us but it only functions if we have adults here as well to help with the heavy work. That and I didn’t want the war to impact the new generation’s learning too much.” A vacation for some, with still quite a few options to learn and grow.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe followed along easily. He might be taller than her but she was not particularly short herself. Honeyed eyes glanced at the parcels, surprised to hear that there was an actual school in the safe haven. She filed that information away in her brain to make sure that Jude attended. The Nightingale had worried he would fall behind in his studies during all of this and it was pleasant news that Sunjata had thought to incorporate a school.

"I'm glad to hear there is a school." she said with a small smile. That he was concerned about the education of the children though came as a surprise. Perhaps fatherhood had changed Sunjata in more ways than he let on. "You certainly have changed." she said with a light laugh. But of course he had mentioned that the adults all needed to pitch in to help. "How can I help?" she asked. She was no teacher but she did know a thing or two about non-magical healing.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
A few of our residents are teachers so it truly helps.” One of them was the very same that had taught Kamaria, then the helping hand when it came to his twins. He had learned a lot in his time, and he casts a glance over at Phoebe as they walk. “I had teachers growing up. My parents weren’t always around and luckily when Kamaria was born and I was ruling Torchline, I managed to find a great teacher for her who’s stayed with me for the twins.” Back then, Nate had left needing space and it had been just him to rule the region while also trying to raise his first child.

Adjustments had been made and Sunjata had reasoned with ways his life had changed in order to try and make all of that work. “So thank you for noticing.” He flashes her an easier smile, shoulders loose as they reach the school and he greets the round-faced, gleeful teacher who has worked with him for years. A bright smile crosses his face as he greets her and hands her half of the bundle. “Hey, yeah I’ve got another one for the older kids. How are Rom and Deus doing?” He asks, listening as the teacher tells him they’ve made strides with their math, one part the two of them had been struggling with. “That’s great.” And the teacher grows a bit more stern — playfully so, in order to instruct Sunjata how he might keep it going back at his own home, something which he offers a soft chuckle to and a nod. “Of course. Yes, I’ll do that.” And as they part ways he leans over to Phoebe as they walk toward the nursery. “She’s very nice but do not get on her bad side.” It’s a conspiratorial whisper before he goes to answer her question finally.

You can help with healing, I’d imagine? It all has to be done the old fashioned way and Nate helped plant a whole garden by the clinic here to help but we need more than just two people to help keep it running.” Especially with how many children ran around — he finds them to be particularly accident prone. “If you’re interested, that is.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe nodded slowly as he spoke. "Schooling is important to Harper too. I had to convince him I could find a good teacher in the Greatwood before I moved there." she said. She too needed space, though for reasons altogether different than Nate. At his smile she merely smirks and shakes her head. "Never thought I'd see the day." she said, crossing her arms around her waist.

She stayed quiet while Sunjata spoke to the teacher and delivered his parcel, flashing her a polite smile as she met her eye briefly. The chiding also earned the teacher a smile, this one verging on a grin. "A child's success at school starts at home you know." she said with a teasing grin at him in defense of the teacher.

The garden Nate had apparently planted sounded very similar to the one she had planted in the Hollowed Grounds years ago. Back then there had been no Sunjata and Nate had been one of the teachers at her academy. Simpler times and simpler days. Not that Sunjata inherently made things more complicated...but he sort of did. "I can help with that. Surely I will need something to fill my days and some of these children are bound to hurt themselves." she said with an easy smile.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Wouldn’t Vai be willing to help out?” Sunjata asks nonchalantly, unaware of the witch’s death, but knowing how she’d be his first thought when it came to someone willing to help teach. After all, she’d taught him a lot – so much that when he was sick with the Climb Fever, he’d mistaken her for his own mother.

But that’s neither here nor there as the teacher chides him as he drops off his delivery for her, swiftly starting to step away when Phoebe’s words trail after him and he huffs a soft rumbling laugh. “Yeah, yeah. I get it.” He still can’t help the quirk of his lips, the scarred side twisting with the scar tissue that had bisected some of the muscles and tendons within his cheek.

So as they walk toward the fish nursery and Sunjata mentions how she might be able to help and use her skills – all things he’s sure would also likely be Frey Approved, his gaze flickers over to her curiously as she accepts the role without any issue. Just another surprising twist in the way this day has already gone. “That was my thought as well.” He agrees – about the fact the children would end up hurting themselves one way or another running around this little settlement. “A bit nostalgic, isn’t it?” He hums, casting his gaze over toward her with a raised brow and that same soft smile.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"I haven't seen Vai in a very long time. She may have stayed to be a healer to those fighting." she said, feeling guilt well up in her core. She was a healer too - a magical one no less. She should be with the other demigods fighting for Caido. But Frey had wanted her here, in the safe and peaceful Haven. So here she was, safe and sound.

They walked in quiet for a time, heading towards the fishing nursery. So much had passed between her and Sunjata and yet there remained some sense of familiarity. Comfortability almost. Her shoulders had begun to relax and she didn't walk so primly as she had. It was strange really. The Nightingale glanced up at his question, a brow raised curiously. "Nostalgic in what way?" she asked, making a few guesses as to what he meant but wanting to hear it from him before assuming.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Mm, perhaps.” Sunjata agrees softly, not pushing the subject further – imagining that it was something Phoebe would have preferred to do, given the conversation with Frey that had informed him she’d be joining him here.

But they continue to walk toward the fish nursery, and his head tilts down toward her with a small amused smile still playing on his lips – finding it far easier to be in her company at present than what has been in the past. “Back when I first dropped in. You had your garden you tended to and your clinic.” A shoulder rises and falls in a shrug before they arrive and Sunjata offers the workers – Attuneds, mostly, though they were unable to shift within the barrier, still held high regard for the fish they worked with.

This time it’s easier banter between them when he drops it off, checking in on a few things before they’re back on the path again and Sunjata now doesn’t have a true direction to go. “Well, that’s all I had for the moment.” He rumbles, shaking out his arms slightly to loosen the muscles that had been holding the deliveries while they walked.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She smiled back at him as he explained his reasoning behind the feeling of nostalgia. "That feels like ages ago." she said with a light laugh. It really had only been a handful of years, but those years had been so full of change and turmoil that it was easy to forget just how far they had all come. "I wonder if that building and the garden are still there." she said off handedly, not realizing that the Hollowed Grounds was where Sunjata lived.

The banter between him and the fishermen seemed far more fitting of Sunjata than being chided by a teacher had been. So she hung back once more, simply waiting for him to finish his business. Then she followed him back to the path, curious as to where he would head next. "Time for a break?" she said with a grin. "Or do you have enough energy to show me where the clinic is?" Because frankly she had no idea where it was despite having agreed to work there for the time being.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
They are.” Sunjata responds swiftly, casting a glance toward her as he picks up the conversation once the banter at the fish nursery is over. They walk back to the path and he continues. “Repurposed for something else but they’ve taken care of the garden.” He used to walk by it quite often — at least in the few months he ruled the Grounds before coming here.

But that’s neither here nor there as he glances back at his ex-wife as she poses her question, head tilting slightly as he huffs a laugh. “Never said I was tired. I have far more stamina than I used to.” He drawls with pretend hurt. “But yes, I can show you. It’s this way.” He starts to walk again, heading in the direction opposite of the fishery and where he’d made the first delivery to the school. It doesn’t take them long to reach it, a rather large building with a sprawling garden beside it, well tended to despite the heat and lack of magic.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She raised a brow at his quick answer, having not expected it. "Living back in the old stomping grounds I take it." she said with a wry smile. He had come full circle apparently and she had ended up next door in the Greatwood. "I'm glad to hear the garden is still there and cared for." she had put a lot of hard work into it after all. Days and days worth of work. That it had all not been for naught was a comforting thought.

"Won't believe it until you prove it old man." she said cheekily, goading him on. Not that that was hard to do if she remembered rightly.

Honeyed eyes appraised the new garden that had been planted in the haven. At first glance she recognized all the plants. She stepped forward onto one of the winding pathways between flower beds, meandering through, an exaggerated sway to her hips as she leaned over to inspect every other plant. Whoever had installed the garden had done a fine job. "We'll need a lattice here. These pretties like to climb" she said, pointing to some jasmine.
When the static clears
And all is said and done
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Ruled it most recently. Until I came here to run this.” He offers the information out easily – knowing that it would be easy to find the information otherwise, and besides, it isn’t like he’s hiding anything these days. So instead, he offers her a small nod and a smile as they walk toward the clinic to show off the building and the garden, at least until her comment does succeed in catching him a hint off guard.

He scoffs playfully, before a soft laugh slips from his lips. “Do you have a preference for how I prove my stamina?” He asks, his voice twisting a hint lower as he watches her appraise the garden, stepping through the little path. He lets her walk ahead of him, watching her for a moment before he looks over the plants and follows after, coming to a stop beside her at the jasmine that would need a lattice. “Luckily for us, I planted a rotating crop of trees. Should be easy enough to make one.” He pulls a notebook from his back pocket, pulling the pen out and scribbling out a little note of the lattice work to be done, before he closes it up and slips it back into his pocket, waiting for her to continue to lead the way.