cut our teeth and make our bones right here
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 75 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 82 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
Ronin
welcome to the playground, follow me
tell me your nightmares and fantasies
For a second Ronin wishes he could stay in the blank white void of sunlight, because here, maybe things are okay. Maybe the world didn't go to shit and maybe he didn't get snatched by faerie creatures when he was barely old enough to walk, and maybe Remi hadn't been attacked by a wendigo. Maybe they go to bars and play pool. Maybe nothing is after him, and maybe no one treats Remi like a slab of meat or a science experiment. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

The light winks out, leaving stars before his eyes, and Ronin reaches down for the walnut shell (the nut inside is now beautifully warm and toasted), and proceeds to eat it. By the time he's done, his vision has cleared and Remi is Remi-shaped again, and the hunter gathers up the (now loose and shapechanger-less) length of chain and drops to kneel down next to the wendigo.

"They'd have only stabbed you anyway," he mutters apologetically; the dry tone is void of any expected humour, which is probably the biggest red flag between them that things are Super Serious right now. Inhaling and exhaling a long, deep breath, Ronin considers tthe situation before him.

"You and me have been through enough shit by now to try not to fuck this up, right?" he says softly. "Because I can take the knife out, but I know you're probably going to lose your fucking mind about it - no offence." It's true, though. "And I really need not to be eaten tonight. So I do this, and you go and tear up that herd of deer, and not me. We got a deal?"
sink into the wasteland underneath
stay for the night, I'll sell you a dream
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!

Messages In This Thread
RE: cut our teeth and make our bones right here - by Ronin - 05-04-2023, 08:23 PM