trade this heavy cage of bones for flight
For Evie - Snowcloak, Halo
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 35 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
EVIE
Evie watches his magic set to work, always admiring his abilities, his control. As she turns, she feels hope bud in her breast at seeing the mischief in his eyes. They’re going to be okay. They really, truly are.

All of them.

Her response is delayed, so taken is she by the light returning to his eyes like sunrise over the tundra, but Evie is far from embarrassed by her own enraptured state. When it comes, it’s heralded by her own impish smile pulling at the corners of her mouth. “I think fireworks are a must. A great gift for the newlyweds if she says so herself.

Deimos’ appreciation is held close, though it’s unneeded. Although as his hands begin to clean her own shoulders, Evie wonders if perhaps they both feel that way; neither expecting nor even anticipating such tenderness, but cherishing it when it’s offered freely against all predictions. “I think…” she trails off, considering not only her words closely - though Deimos would never judge her blunt, heart-true expressions if shared - but also her emotions before she completes the sentence. “I think I do hold a bit of a grudge, but I believe it can live harmoniously with my equal relief at her survival.” Halo had lost far too many as is, Cordelia’s loss would not have been worth a swifter end to a battle that hadn’t made it past the gates. “It’s not a choice I would have made myself, even if I had promised to stay safe or alive for you, and similarly I can’t help but wonder how many losses could have been prevented if she’d stayed - but I’m glad she’s alive, and I cannot change the past.” No matter how they all must want to after this war. “I would say my trust in her as a fellow fighter has dimmed, and perhaps I do not see her to be as brave as I’d assumed, but I feel no ill-will towards her. And despite my wondering, I don’t blame her for the deaths at the gates.” That was solely a blame to lay at the feet of the monsters that had attacked them.
Don't look up, just let them think
There's no place else you'd rather be

Messages In This Thread
RE: trade this heavy cage of bones for flight - by Evie - 11-23-2022, 10:56 PM