After the storm
Haulani, Torchline - for Harper
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 36 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 48 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Hadama slipped his hands into the fountain's water as well, cupping them and bringing the sweet, healing liquid to his lips. It was refreshing for both body and soul and he savored the gentle coolness of it as it slid down his throat and sent a rejuvenating lassitude through his muscles. Scabs and scrapes melted away and the most recent War scars seemed to ease and shrink further leaving the mermanta clear-eyed and alert.

Harper's words washed over him like a quiet tide and Dama nodded slowly in agreement to his first two statements. They had, indeed, been overworking, and the ease of their conversation was a balm to weary souls. He rested his arms on the fountain's ledge, bottom half resting within the water of the exit pool as he considered the rest of the human's words.

"Short on time, yes," he agreed thoughtfully. "But I have at least one more friend than I did before."
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
You've been all the way to broken
lost your sense of where to go
Harper stretches his legs out in front of him, easing the ache in his knees. He's far from old, but a lifetime spent as an acrobat, a killer, a hero - there are too many injuries to be doing such long nights without a reminder of those days. The fountain eases that in time the longer it sits in his body, magic spreading out like liquid icyhot in his veins. Watching the play of light on Hadama's dark skin as he takes a moment of silence, Harper smiles at the unexpected sentimentality. An appreciated thing, but still far from anticipated.

"So do I," he murmurs, clearly pleased as punch, not unlike a dog being praised. "We should reserve some time every week or so - whenever we can manage it. I'd like to just sit and talk sometimes, about stuff outside of ruling. It's nice." Truly foster this friendship, and help it grow into something more meaningful; grow it with intent instead of letting it wander wild as other relationships might. Maybe once that cafe is complete as well, they'll have the perfect place to meet up...

- Fin
remember, pain is just an anchor
that you never had control of
HARPER