hey, remember that time
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
Mateo
champagne, cocaine, gasoline
and most things in between
"Aaaaaaah," Mateo sings to his friend - and then gargles, as it happens, because of course the gesture has opened his throat to allow him to drown and choke on the water. A lot of it spills over his chin and cheeks, but hey, it'll just interrupt the mascara streaks at this point, right? Spluttering and trying to sit up even as he's swallowing at the same time, eventually the botanist is left wet and breathless and blinking at Everest.

"We can check waterboarding off my list of kinks," he tells him, clapping him on the shoulder and wiping at his face. "Thanks. We're... you've not been home long, right?" Sometimes Mateo's leisure time creates warbling visions of Ever, so it's always best to check when the real think comes knocking.
I roam the city in a shopping cart
a pack of Camels and a smoke alarm
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
Everest
Wet and breathless is not the name of Ever's sex tape, and so it is that he's left wincing apologetically down at Mateo while still cradling his friend's chin in his palm. Realizing this physical contact isn't needed, he hastily retracts his hand and frowns. 'Well..that's...good?' Was it? Gods, he never really knew with Mateo when it came to sex stuff.

Raising his eyebrows, Ever gives his head a small shake as he stands and goes to refill the glass of water. Hopefully, Mateo can drink it on his own this time. "Not really. I got in late last night, and then I'm off again tomorrow afternoon." He explains while holding the glass under a stream of water. 'We're doing a run to Halo, but then I should have a week or so off." Ever adds, turning and trying to tempt Mateo into drinking the water he's offering on his own.

"How is the shop?"
even if i had to lose you to know you,
i'd still be that temporary phase that you grow through
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Mateo
"Mm, it is good. Always nice to realise these things before you are in a vulnerable situation." Or more of a vulnerable situation, rather, with a man or woman who was turned on and didn't appreciate you suddenly disliking being drowned. As the other man leaves to get more water, Mateo busies himself wiping his face clean with his discarded shirt, and he's just about on his feet when the glass is offered back out.

Taking it this time in his hands and slurping at it (did water always taste this good?), Mateo's furrowed brows convey how unhappy he is that Everest is leaving so soon, though the week off coming up does sweeten the deal. Setting down the empty glass when he's done and moving to flop into a rocking chair covered by a patchwork quilt, he waves an imperious hand at the mention of the shop. "Business is great," he says casually; when your parents were who they were, it's not like you had to try very hard.

"How's flying?"
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Everest
With a look of mild discomfort that might have been mistaken for gas, Everest considers his friend's words with unhappy but careful consideration. "I suppose so." He agrees eventually, trying not to judge others for their more adventurous preferences but finding the idea altogether nauseating just the same.

Picking up a dress and bra from one of the chairs and not knowing if they were Mateo's or not, Everest politely sits down and shrugs. "I've been learning a lot. Soon I'll be able to try and challenge the exam to get my license early." Because of course Ever was ahead in his studies. "I was thinking..when I'm back, did you want to go anywhere to gather more seeds?" Their Mateo's seed catalogue was coming along nicely, though they weren't even close to having it finished. 'I know it isn't the best time of year, but I'm sure there are still some seeds that can be harvested before the snow comes."
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
The bra is pink leopard print, Everest, and that isn't Mateo's colour, thanks. So of course it doesn't belong to him - gods. Still, he brightens up considerably to hear about Ever's studies as a skyship apprentice, setting his chair to rocking and already feeling himself starting to succumb to drug addled sleep, but keeping himself alert enough to hear his friend out.

"Oooh, there are a lot of good seeds we can collect just before and during Deepfrost," he says with a sleepy, dimpled smile. "Sure. When you get back we'll take a trip to collect some. I'll get the catalogue set up ready for our entries..." He waves a hand towards a badly made bookshelf, where a large, handwritten tome takes up most of the space. Of course the catalogue is massive; this is Mateo and Everest.
Everest Hart
Aviator

Change author:
Everest
It's doubtful if Everest will ever understand Mateo's fashion sense, choices, and by extension, things which grate against his sensibilities, but gods help him, he is trying. Biting at the inside of his cheek and mentally adding something about leopard print into his mental files, he smiles inwardly to see the telltale signs of sleep tugging at Mateo.

"That sounds good. Oh-" Having glanced over his shoulder in the direction of the catalogue, Ever's gaze lands on one of Vai's old books of stories. Rising and reaching, Ever plucks it off the shelf and sits back down. Flipping through the pages as if it was purely for his interest that he'd gotten the book, he begins to read one of the tales out loud in a slow and overly articulate voice, knowing the boring tone would no doubt hasten the fingers of sleep clutching at the corners of Mateo's eyes.

~FIN