you were more than just a short time
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
ISLA

It's with a very unladylike snort that Isla finds herself pressed back against Jata's chest, her chin resting against his shoulder, his heartbeat thrumming against her enough that, if she forgets to think about it, perhaps she can pretend it's her own. "Do you ever worry that if you forget about the pain it will be like they were never here?" she mumbles. "Because I know it's silly and it's not true, but... I still think about it."

Perhaps that's why she wanders, to refuse to give herself any chance at healing. If she's just existing, then it's as though she can pretend she's still in that grey, strange place before realising what had happened to Varus, to the Voice. There's still hope if she's not moving forward, however much of a lie it might be.

Peering up at him, Isla manages a very small smile and nods. "Shit's so unfair," she agrees in a whisper. "I just wish you could see my memory from back then. Nate was... he was amazing out there. You'd have been proud."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Messages In This Thread
you were more than just a short time - by Isla - 11-29-2022, 07:39 PM
RE: you were more than just a short time - by Isla - 12-01-2022, 08:25 PM