you were more than just a short time
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 27 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
ISLA

"It usually does," Isla agrees gently, "but that doesn't make it any easier, does it?" She knows Sunjata can be both a private and open person all at once, so she doesn't encroach further into his space until he starts to sit up a bit, to invite further conversation. With a sad and understanding smile, she moves to perch at the edge of the bed, fussing at the sleeve of the sweater she's wearing.

"They say Ascended don't dream, but Varus used to have the closest thing to nightmares that I can describe," she murmurs, lowering her gaze to the blankets, having to swallow past the grief that surges at the mere mention of those who are gone. "I used to read to him. Boring stuff, medical textbooks, that sort of thing."

Brushing a lock of hair back from her face, Isla finally glances back up at Sunjata again. "You don't have to talk about it," she assures him. "But if you want me to stick around, I can. I'll bring the work I was doing in here with me, unless you have any very boring reading material lying about."
apres moi le deluge
after me comes the flood

Messages In This Thread
you were more than just a short time - by Isla - 11-29-2022, 07:39 PM
RE: you were more than just a short time - by Isla - 12-17-2022, 01:50 PM