Cut to the chase
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
It wasn't the first time he'd prayed to the gods since the end of the War, but everyone had been pretty busy with all the rebuilding and adjusting to the new, well, everything that had happened to the world because of it. He hadn't really expected any answers while they all got themselves figured out, but still... he'd hoped.

And he hoped again today as he made the trek out to the newly-splintered Rainbow Road, sneaking glances over his shoulder at the floating islands that were becoming more familiar but still weirded him the fuck out almost as much as Stormbreak did.

But after talking with Flora, well, he figured it wouldn't hurt to check in with Frey and see if, maybe today, his luck would turn.

Boreal splashed happily between the isles while Tal stuck to the driest path he could pick until he found the altar amidst brilliant rainbow hues and set down his offering for the day: a salad of fresh fruit from the market and a bottle of rum that was, if he was reading the bottle right, extremely high proof.

His Special Delivery knife was set next to them and he cleared his throat twice before he spoke. "Hi, Frey. It's me again. I hope everythin's goin' well for you an' Rae. I finished my skyboat since the last time I talked t'you. An' Bella had four pups in her litter! So, thanks for keepin' 'em all healthy. I, uh... I was hopin' if you've got time, maybe you could help me put a little more punch in my knife? Please?"

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
Frey blooms along the rainbow hued stones much like the frothing coastline that surrounds them; multifaceted and positively brimming with a sense of abundance, whilst it's true that the aftermath of the war has been hard work for everyone, heralds included, this particular deity seems to have taken to the task with gusto.

"Sugarplum, when do any of us have any time any more?" Frey croons with a golden smile, even as the rock continues to shimmer and change colours beneath their seat. "And as skilled at evolution as I am, I do not believe knives can punch. But we will see what we can do..."

Talyson has received a quest from Frey! He must:

1. Complete a Training thread using the Special Delivery Dagger (it must draw blood at least once).
2. Complete a thread collecting glass formed from where lightning has struck sand.
3. Complete a thread capturing a Lava Wyrm. (It must be live when you bring it to Frey!)
4. Complete a thread with a character who is able to teleport. (This can be via magical/demigod ability or through an item!)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5675
Tal raised his head, grinning with unabashed delight as the colors grew more vibrant and Frey made themselves known. There was no less awe in his heart for the god's appearance, but there was an ease with which he greeted the patient, relaxed herald of nature in all its creativity and endless permutation.

"Not enough time for all t'do an' see an' deliver," he admitted ruefully. "But I 'preciate you comin' in spite of all..." He waved his hands towards the floating islands, the bountiful ocean, and the world beyond filled with so many new beasts and plants and things in between, and the grin was back. "that!"

Time healed. Not all wounds, but many. And Tal was ready to tackle the world again.

He listened to the list with the usual intentness, though the courier paled a bit at the need for a live Lava Wyrm. Maybe just a small one...? For the rest there was Sah and Noah and... well, he was sure he could find someone to pick a fight with. It didn't usually come that hard to him.

"Thanks, Frey! An' I like what y'did with the Frost Foxes," he added with a touch of his usual awkward shyness.

~FIN