A new chapter
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 20 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 1450

Edmund's lips twitch into a small soft smile, "Accidently for most of it." Him aging up to a child, and then a young teen had been purely by chance or some other unknown cause. But his recent aging to his current self was deliberate on his part. He had been tired of being too young to be taken seriously or to be given certain opportunities.

The wink doesn't settle the concern that rises up in Edmund, but he drops it for now. He doesn't know the details of what happened during the war, but he'd heard that none of the demigods got out of it without trauma and or injury.

Sunjata points out his horns and Emund ducks his head, flashing a fanged grin, "Yes. I.." He pauses and takes a deep breath, debating his next words. He had no regrets over his choice, but there are still complicated emotions involved. Guilt for betraying his mum and leaving Torchline. Joy in the rush of power and freedom his new power brings.

It's a lot. Especially for a teen to process alone. Getting it off his chest is becoming a greater need and here is an adult he mostly trusts who has reasons not to bring what he hears back to his mum or Safrin. So, Edmund decides to just go for it and proceeds to dump the rush the past few weeks have been onto the man without any further warning or prompting.

"Torchline is Safrin's. We were the only region to swear for a single Old God. And she did try to help us, to protect us. But in the end Torchline was torn apart just like the rest of Caido." Edmund chewed on his lip as his fingers fiddled with the hem of his pants as he continues, "She wasn't powerful enough to protect us. And then after, instead of staying to help, she vanished." He grimaces up at the sky where the stars shone. "She isn't enough."

Edmund glances back at Sunjata before concluding his impromptu story, "I decided that I myself needed to be more powerful in her stead. To be powerful to step up and help my family when Safrin inevitably ails again." He reaches up and runs a hand over one of his horns, his smile full of satisfaction and excitement. "I found it with Mother Dygra." In her power, in her confidence, and in just being in her presence.  

Pausing, the young Ancient glances at Sunjata as a thought occurs, "Is that why you betrayed Safrin? Was she not powerful enough to protect your family either?"

Edmund

the prince of torchline

Messages In This Thread
A new chapter - by Edmund - 12-06-2022, 05:19 PM
RE: A new chapter - by Sunjata - 12-09-2022, 03:12 AM
RE: A new chapter - by Edmund - 12-09-2022, 06:04 PM
RE: A new chapter - by Sunjata - 12-10-2022, 02:07 AM
RE: A new chapter - by Edmund - 12-12-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: A new chapter - by Sunjata - 12-13-2022, 03:26 AM
RE: A new chapter - by Edmund - 12-14-2022, 03:02 PM
RE: A new chapter - by Sunjata - 12-20-2022, 05:17 PM
RE: A new chapter - by Edmund - 01-01-2023, 08:00 PM