Blood Red
For Freya
Trickster

Age: 3 | Height: 4'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Terra Omen Offline
Change author:
MP: 733
"Structure is boring." Trinket shook her head. "If things are the same every day, you don't learn anything new. You don't get to have fun. Feeling secure is boring. Having fun is better."

She held her doll back against her chest. "She doesn't talk. Yet. But I can tell her to do things. Watch."

She set the doll down on the ground. It stood straight by itself, its tiny porcelain feet making tiny splashes in the red water. Trinket gave the doll a command: dance.. The doll started waving its little porcelain arms, moving its body in an awkward little dance.

"I can tell lots of things what to do."

Trinket glanced to the side. There were some rocks here and there. She commanded them: come. The rocks started rolling over the ground, stopping right by her side. Then she commanded them: stack. The rocks rolled up in a little pile then stacked up on top of one another in a tiny tower.

"See? Making things do what I want is fun. It's a good way to play games."
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Age: 24 | Height: 1.78 meters | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: FROSTCestrell Offline
Change author:
MP: 145
Fair enough. We shoudl always see who wants to engage in our fun however, Freya would tell the girl in front of her, before watching her command her puppet and the weird litte dance that was the result of it. While Trinket certainly was right, maybe it were the games that got other people to tell her that someone would eventually kill her. But then again, Freya was almost sure that Trinket wouldnt really listen to her anyways if she tried to tell her that.

Instead she watched her show off her talent once more by making a few stones stack neatly in front of her. Nodding one time, Freya would repeat the same show of skill that trinket had pulled off, however she used rocks that already were right in front of her for this purpose as she stated: "I can do something like that too. Where did you earn to do that though?"
Trickster

Age: 3 | Height: 4'2" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
"I didn't learn it from anywhere," Trinket said. "I just know it. I know everything."

"But I like to learn how to do new things," she continued with a tiny nod. "I don't know how to do everything. That's part of what makes games so fun. Everyone learns something. Even if people learn things they don't like, like what getting stitches feels like."

She looked around, bored of the rocks. She started walking in the general direction of the bridge, hoping to find some more playmates.

"Come on," she said. "The question game is getting boring. We should find something else to play."
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Age: 24 | Height: 1.78 meters | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Ah ah ah" Freya would give out in a chuckling and soothing voice before asking her playfully: "If you know everything, then why did you ask me those questions earlier, hun? Or why do you need to learn new things if you already know it? Its quite the contradiction to know everything and then not to know everything."

Standing up now, by the statement of Trinket that she was bored, Freya would shrug slightly before asking the girl: "And what would you like to play now? You know, there isnt much around ehre that could be used to play with."

Letting her gaze wander over teh vastness, Freya would look out for other people or larget objects, seeing how in Trinkets presence either they would be in danger, or she might be able to weaponise those in regards to the latter. Naturally, neither option was too pleasing in Freya's mind, but she already had agreed to take care of trinket, at least for some time. And a promise was not be broken.
Trickster

Change author:
"I know everything," Trinket said as she walked. "But I don't know some stuff that's not things. 'Why' isn't a thing. 'How' isn't a thing. I know everything that's things."

Perfectly logical, to her mind.

She led Freya back towards the bridge that led back to the main island and the city of Haulani. Closer to the bridge, there was a fair bit more foot traffic. Some travelers were heading out of the city towards Aumakua. Others were visiting the Rainbow Road itself. Still others were merely passing by on their way to the beaches along the Ahi Coast.

"What kind of game should we play?" Trinket asked, looking around at all of the people. "Everyone here looks bored. We should make their day more interesting."
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
It was a strange analogy. How would one claim to know about every "thing" and then dont know about the why, if she should know about their adaptations, such as guidebooks? After all, if she knew about everything, she would be able to know about a guidebook and its contents for example. An easy workaround for someone that truly knew about every thing.

Regardless of that, Freya would follow the girl as she led her through the area, back to the larger city she had met the girl in first, and eventually over a bridge. Looking at the travellers, old and young alike, Freya already know that this likely was enough for Trinket to think of some mischievous game again, and sure enough, Trinket soon gave the comment about making their life interesting. Sighing internally, freya would propose: "What about you show them something. Rememember the stones you were stacking earlier? How large are the things you can make? You could make a statue or something like that. Maybe make statues of the people that are here?"
Trickster

Change author:
"Statues are boring," Trinket said, still looking around. "But I can show them stones. That could be fun."

She looked around at the stone bridge. Each one of hundreds of stones was stuck together with mortar. Carefully constructed. Orderly.

Order was boring.

Trinket walked along the bridge, looking at one stone after another. Here and there, she gave the stones commands: fall. A stone here, a stone there, in no particular order. She commanded one after another after another to fall.

At first, nothing happened. The stones were stuck in tight, held in place by the mortar. But once the command was given, the objects wouldn't stop until the command had been completed. Slowly, little by little, the stones shook and vibrated. The mortar around them started to crack. Bit by bit, pieces of mortar fell into the water down below. Trinket stood in the middle, keeping the stones in range of her magic. Then, after awhile, one of the stones broke free and fell into the water below.

More stones were shaking, breaking off their mortar. Soon, more stones would fall.

Everyone would see something very interesting with those stones.
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
"Do you think so?", Freya would ask trinket as she heard her answer, before adding with: "You could make the statues walk maybe, you know? But what do you mean with showing them stones?"

Fearing that Trinket had nothing but mischiefery up her mind again, Freya eyed her cautionously. After all, if she decided to bombard the people with stones or whatever, then Freya honestly didnt know how to stop trinket, mainly because her abilities werent developed to any significant point so far.

By the time she finally noticed what the girl had been doing, or was doing at the moment, it was already to late to change the ultimative outcome. Speaking out:

"Oh are you fucking kidding me?" Freya would ask Trinket in a voice which was both annoyed and surprised, before she looked away and bourght a hand up to her mouth. Honestly. There were far too many people to keep them all safe on her own accord. All that Freya reasonably could do was to call out to the people to take a hike, and a rather fast one at that, if they wanted to stay alive.

Speaking out to the people, Freya would adress them in a calm state as she said: "You should leave the bridge. Now. Its falling apart."

Watching the peoples attention first shift to her and then to the bridge, she was able to see the realisation, that she was right in their eyes. At least in most of their eyes as two childrem still continued to fight each other, seemingly arguing over a ball. Yanking hte ball away from them with her telekinesis, she finally would throw it in the direction of one of the safe spots, and luckily the children followed the ball suit, even with a lot of cussing as they did.
Trickster

Change author:
Rocks started to fall into the waters below. Trinket ignored the rocks, instead her eyes followed the people who started to flee in panic. A tiny smile touched her lips as she watched the people shout and flee.

Some stones fell apart right under one man's feet, making him trip. He clutched at his ankle in pain. Another passing man helped him up, and they hurried along, the injured man limping as he ran.

When the people were far across the bridge, Trinket stopped telling stones to fall. She didn't care to make the entire bridge collapse; it would be repaired in due time. But the people on the bridge had now had a very interesting day. They were all watching the bridge with fear and concern in their eyes, unsure what had caused the falling stones, or whether it would happen again.

"Your turn," Trinket said to her friend. She pointed at the people huddled fearfully on the far side of the bridge. "May their day more interesting. Whoever makes things the most interesting wins."
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
"Are you fu-..." Freya would give out openly when she heard the challenge of Trinket to make the other peoples day more interesting. However, obviously, before finishing her sentence, she stopped herself. Essentially she still was talking to a girl. Nothing more then a child and probably not even beginning to see how valuable life was and how unnice it was for her to do that to the people.

Going on her knee, Freya would look in the eyes of the child as she began to tell her in a serious adn quit voice: "You know. Sometimes interesting isnt the best thing. Making those people run away in fear isnt nice at all, and you know that. You said you need to prepare yourself because someone will kill you. Surely you are afraid. Why are you doing this then, if you know how much this fear hurts one inside. Is it revenge against the world?"

waiting for an answer, the young woman would begin to let the items, that he peopole had left on the bridge as they fled, float over to them, using her telekinesis, her eyes shifting from the floating articles over to trinket and back again. Even while not focusing on the people in the background however, the fear still was very much present in their faces, and the leg of the person that had fallen was looking rather bad as well. She would need to help him once she was done talking to Trinket.
Trickster

Change author:
"Why would I be afraid?" Trinket asked, tilting her head to the side. "I'm never afraid."

"I think you're confused," Trinket said with a tiny nod. "This isn't revenge. It's a game. Games are fun. I'm supposed to play games with people and stop the world from being so boring. There was a whole big war and everything. The world has gotten so serious. That's what Ludo said."

She gathered up her doll and held it against her chest. "People do boring things all day long. Work. Eat. Work more. Building things, when it's more fun to tear them down. Fixing things, when it's more fun to break them. Trying to keep things neat and organized, when it's so much better to have it all messy. So I'm helping."

She stared at Freya with dead black eyes. Unblinking. Not a muscle in her face twitching. She was a twin for the cold, porcelain face and glass eyes of the doll in her arms.

"You should think about the day you had today. It was boring. You were just going to pick some boring plants. Instead, look at all the people you can help now. You like helping people, I can tell. But how can you help people if there's no one who needs help? Now lots of people need help. So you can have an interesting day."

With that, she turned and left, crossing the bridge in cold, fluid steps. She paid no mind to the holes as she passed, seeming to miss stepping on them by sheer luck. She walked past the people, having finished her game with them. Their day was interesting enough.

It was time to find some more people to play with.

{end}