Training Finding a new rhythm
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray had been focusing on her shop, her councilwoman duties, and the still-going restoration efforts that had followed the war. Torchline had recovered swiftly, it's people as adaptable and tenacious as ever. The Attuned had been non-stop busy and it was only now that she was able to find a minute for herself.

She'd decided that some training was in order and so she found herself at the training grounds at the Court of the Stars. Setting up some targets, the Attuned got out her throwing knives. Eyeing the target, Ray picked up the first one and with an exhale, threw it at the target. The knife sailed through the air and landed on the outskirts of the target but still within the rings. "Well shit. I'm out of practice."

Freya
They have not
forgotten this
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Age: 23 | Height: 1.78 meters | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 5 - Dext: 5 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: FROSTCestrell Offline
Change author:
MP: 145
Freya hadnt fully adjusted yet to the strange new city she found herself staying at. After all, how could she? She had been living most of her time outside of the city, first with her parents, after that alone. People and interactions with them had been rare, so the amount of people that were there now, was overwhelming. Another thing that went along with this was, that freya didnt know if they would be opposed to her going after utilising her skills. Utilising her magic. Luckily a there existed a place where she hoped to draw little enough attention from others in order to train her telekinesis accordingly.

Arriving at the training grounds of the city, Freya would find herself staring at another person, not too far away from her, throwing knives at the targets. Watching her for a bit, she finally shrugged and made her way over, stopping a few meters away from frey and raising a hand as she asked: "Hey there... would you mind me joining you in your activity?" As she spoke, the other hand would hanging by her side giving a good view at her appearance, that being a leathery dress, a belt with a few herbs and bags hanging down from it and a scabbart for a sword, which was resting in its sheath.
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray glanced up at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. She didn't recognize the woman in front of her, but she still flashed Freya a genuine smile. "Of course!" The herbalist picked up her next knife and with focused determination sent it flying. This time it landed in the second most inner wring, making her smile turn into a satisfied grin. "Yes!"

She glanced at Frey curiously as she picked up her next one, "I haven't seen you around. Are you new to Haulani? I'm Ray." As a councilwoman it was in her best interest to know as many Torchers as possible. But that was hardly her motivation, the Attuned just liked meeting new people.
They have not
forgotten this
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Age: 23 | Height: 1.78 meters | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Freya would nod at the friendly reaction as she gave out: "Thats great then!" At least this other person didnt seem to be bothered by her presence. Watching her take another one of her knives, and sending it out into the target, a rather mischiefous thought entered her mind. Next time Ray would throw one of her knives, Freya would use her telekinesis to stop it in mid air.

Meanwhile however, there would be other things to do. "Ray... thats a nice name. My name's freya. I uh... yeah i am new around here. Usually i am lioving outside this city. Would you mind lending me a few of your knives? I dont think my sword is suited for throwing. Not that i mind trying anyways... Also... i wonder. Are you a warrior of sorts?"
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
"Nice to meet you Freya!" Ray cheerfully replied as she handed the other woman a knife without further prompting.

"I'm actually an herbalist. I own and run the Lunarium Apothecary in the city." The Attuned winked before adding, "Doesn't mean that I can't fight." Everyone in the busier parts of Torchline learned how to throw a punch early in life. It was a matter of survival in such a rough and tumble region. Maybe even a rite of passage."What about you?"

Ray gestured towards the target beside her, "Come on. Let's see who can get closer to the center of their target." With that, the Attuned let another knife fly. Hopefully she was warmed up by now.
They have not
forgotten this
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
"Thanks! Apothecary huh? Certainly is needed at a place this large." Freya would give out with a smile, before her attention shifted towards the targets at the end of the range, and her hand picked up the throwing knive, taking her aim and then throwing it towards the target.

Bringing her attention at the woman next to her, she would nod slightly as she told her: "I am a herbalist of sorts as well. Though i dont own an apothecary. Usually most of the things i make i just bottle up or store for later or give it to people on the road. Maybe we can compare. I am sure you also keep a book of recepies or plants. I recond you might grow some more exotic ones inside of the city. Maybe even a few from beyond the island..."

When Ray was throwing her knive on the other hand, Freya would use her telekinesis to divert the knife and let it hit the most outer ring, unless anything unforseen happened. Her own knive, Freya didnt have the time to look yet, as her gaze still was set at the kind stranger, so it would have landed virtually everywhere, but because of her rather bad dexterity, it was almost certain that it wasnt on spot.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
"Another herbalist? That's awesome!" Ray grinned widely, excited to meet a new peer. "I'd love to exchange notes! Meet me at the shop anytime and I can show you my books." Just as Freya expected, the Attuned kept a book of recipes. Or more specifically, a few bookshelves of her recipes, research, and experiments.

As Ray threw her knife, she noted the slight change in direction. It was subtle, but with her observation skills, noticeable.  She sent a glance at the woman beside her before picking up another knife. Throwing it, she waited to see if it changed course as well. The Attuned had never dealt with telekinesis before, but she was well aware of its existence.
They have not
forgotten this
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
Picking up another knive and sending it down the rage, only to hit the target at a sub-par place once more, Freya would stop the knive this time shortly before it hit the target, and let it fall down in front of it, so it appeared as if it made contact was hadnt been strong enough to actually stick to it, wherever it would have landed.

Looking towards the other woman she would give out: "Oh that sounds lovely. I didnt have much time to explore what plants the island down here is offering so i am sure it would help me. Maybe i can help with anything above this city though.", as she smiled at her. Her telekinetic tricks were nothing more then a bit of banter, if anything and if she used them, Freya wasnt showing it. After all, Telekinesis was something she had performed since she was small so it came easy for her.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Ray knew she'd thrown it hard enough to land. Seems she really was dealing with telekinesis. Wondering if it was a basic or advanced form, she picked up two knives this time. With an exhalation of concentration, she threw them both at the target in quick succession, curious to see what would happen.

As they flew, she answered Freya, "Awesome! I'm always happy to have extra hands in the shop if you feel like helping there. Even if it's for a day just to learn. I'm also about to expand my shop to include a full clinic." Ray let her shoulders drop dramatically, "It's going to be so much work."
They have not
forgotten this
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
Seeing how the odd seemeed to have increased now, Freya would need to be creative in order to deal with the additional throwing knive, but luckily the solution still was to control only one of the knives. After all, that amount of knives didnt matter, if they were thrown in rapid sucession, and even then, the way to deal with thos would be to change their vector and then focus on the other one. After all, unless the other woman posessed something that allowed her to control the weapons in the air, she likely wouldnt succeed an making them hit the target. As such, she would control the first thrown knive and make it slower and guided it in a way so the second one would hit it, seemignly throwing both of them to the ground after they collided mid air.

"A full clinic sounds like..." Freya startet before thinking about it, "...a lot of work to be honest. But i can help you, no problem." Freya didnt mind the prosepect of helping the stranger. After all, who knew what was going to be the result of it and helping people was something that freya did anyways. More then once she had dropped the price on something or given it for free when someone couldnt pay but needed something something, so this wasnt anything new. Still, unless she had a serious reason being locked down in a clinic sounded stressful.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
Sure enough, Rays' hunch was fully proven when there was a subtle yet noticeable change in the knives' trajectories. "Nice telekinesis", she noted with a grin sent over her shoulder before she threw her last knife. Even if her training had taken an unexpected turn, the practice had been nice.

"Awesome! Thank you. There will be notices up on the boards when the renovations start if you do end up having the time to help." The smile that Ray sent Freya was warm and cheerful. It had taken a whole team to renovate her shop into what it was. Adding an entire clinic piece was going to be even more intense.
They have not
forgotten this
Freya Njörddottir
Healer/Herbalis

Change author:
Freya would let out a small chuckle as she heard the other woman openly state her trick. To be fair, it was weird how knifes seemed to change direction or changed speeds. Aside from that there hadnt been too much of an effort to hide the telekinesis. What surprised freya however was the fact that ray didnt seem to be mad at her.

Needless to say, this was a pleasureable surprise. Nodding at her, Freya would explain: "Mhm... i dont come around much though i will try to be there."

Finally sending out her hand and using her telekinesis to guide the last knive into its target, Freya wouldnt take long to summon all the knifes back amd place them on the table in front of her, before stating: "You know... this was fun but i am growing quite hungry. Care for a bite? If not, thats fine as well."

With that, freya would turn arround and was into the direction she first came from, waiting for ray if she chose to join her.
Ray Lunarium

Change author:
RAY
In ancient times
"Thank you." Any help at all would be appreciated by Ray. Wasn't the saying that it took a village to raise a child? Well, it certainly took a village to get any construction done in Torchline. Between the weather, animals, and the shenanigans of the people, one had to always be on their toes. Gods, she loved this place.

Ray perked up at the mention of food, "I'd love to! I know just the place." Quickly packing her things up, the herbalist jogged over to Freya and began to lead the way down the street, "Come on!" With that, she'd lead her new acquaintance to a nearby cafe that had the best sandwiches in all of Caido.

-{FIN}
They have not
forgotten this