the knots unravel
for Darkeye
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
A joyous little spot in a land that might’ve forgotten most aspects of such things, Lena was reluctant to leave too. Pleasant and soothing, like a balm in between withering vines and decaying fronds, it could’ve been a lure, an enticing, inveigling thing, or simply pacifying.

But she fluttered around much like a bird, tending to the blossoms, hoping to find the herb she sought. She wandered along the little pond, noting the fish in their dreamy haze, or the long stalks of greenery yet to be consumed by autumn or winter, yet, none of them yielded the particular flora. “I don’t see it here,” she mentioned to Darkeye by way of shrug. “Where should we go next?” Since an abundance of paths still awaited them, three directly ahead.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
Darkeye
Nine strikes
He just enjoyed it for a change, too. If necessary, he would find a way out with Lena, even if it would take a little longer. Mahariel didn't really want to leave either, she enjoyed it here in the little oasis very much. Only with a lot of effort she got up and followed the two.

"The center would be in the middle according to my map but I have a feeling it won't help much anymore. I would take the middle way. Let's see where this leads us. The plant is usually found in the center." He marked the spot on the map and would try to find it again later. Maybe he had found his private retreat here.
each for one sin
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
She listened again, aware and attentive, striving to seek the right path, the right way, to acquire that singular herb. “All right,” was a firm agreement, for she had nothing else to base it off of – a wealth of experience in so many platitudes, but certainly not this one. “Middle it is!”

With a smile towards the panther and warpriest, she meandered through the middle path, watching as it remained flanked by the same high hedges, until branching into only two lanes once more. “Right or left?” Nothing seemed to indicate anything uncanny, though the squirrels had started up again, a multitude of them chattering away along the inclinations towards the left. This way! they uttered, massive tails waving.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
For him, it was a gamble it was difficult to orienteer here with walls that kept changing. But he had already found the desired herb outside the center. But it was a lucky find. We will see what the future brings. With a nod of the head, the center was confirmed.

He looked at his map but there was no turnoff there. He didn't want to ask Mahariel again. It would be strange. He scratched his head. "I would say right. If I'm wrong, we'll walk back. We can't be far away." He said and started to walk on the right way. He didn't understand the squirrels.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
She nodded, following the trace of his footsteps, the purpose of her demeanor and stature continuing onward – but this path seemed to linger for an eternity. Stretching wide and far, yards upon yards later, further and further along until Lena wondered if this would simply lead them out rather than anywhere else –

When it seemed to simply…open up.

Like a great unfurling of blossoms and hedges and rows upon rows of greenery, the verdant life revealed itself in wondrous splendor. Not unlike the prior meadow, but so much more of it. “Is this it?” She whispered, as if not to break the glamor of the spell.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye tried to remember as much as possible. Denoch it was difficult the map did not help for a long time. He also didn't know where they were going anymore. Was it the middle or the end? He had also lost the overview for a long time.

"Not that I know of. But that there is a second such meadow, I think the land here wants to tell us something. It is alive and has survived the kreig. It will always recover. We should look around. Maybe this is where the Efas herb is." He set off in search of it. He enjoyed the view of nature. Still, he set out to find the plant.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
The unknown, potential confusion, and enigmas of the Labyrinth caused her to sigh – not an impatient individual, but perhaps frustrated at her lack of ability to help in this regard. Maybe they were wandering in circles. Maybe this was it, after all this amount of time spent and the year of the Grounds reforming into something else altogether. At Darkeye’s insinuation, her smile almost faltered.

But steadfast determination still roared to life in her heart, so she gave a swift nod. “I’ll search again,” because there was some semblance of a chance, and she’d take it.

Grabbing her basket, the Caretaker clambered to potentials of clusters, seeking out the stalks of greenery blending in amidst the grass – searching for brown protrusions, for signs, for symbols…until she crouched down, blinking a few times. “I think I found one,” she whispered, hopeful and wondering, excited, hands delicately going towards the herb.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye considered how they should proceed. He looked at the map again. He knew how they had gone. It was important to get out of there as soon as they found the herb. But did he really want to do that? It was so peaceful here. Something he had longed for in the last time. Peace of mind. A place where you could let your soul dangle. But he had duties.

He quickly went back to work and helped the guard to search for the herb, but he was not as lucky as she was.

He came over to her and looked to see if she had found anything. "This is it. You found it, congratulations. We should go back carefully now. Or we can go deeper and try to find more. The healing effect is remarkable and the tea from it is also very good I think," he said calmly. No matter how she would disgorge. He would help her, he felt he owed it to her.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
The excitement buoyed from her heart, gently clasping around the herb and plucking it from the ground, roots and all. It strongly outweighed the notions of greed or avarice, so much so that she wondered if this was all they deserved. “I think we may run another risk of staying much longer,” for they’d yet to encounter any other horrific obstacles, save for the Labyrinth itself. “But we’ll always know which way to go now,” and she winked, suggesting, perhaps, a marked route on Darkeye’s map to maneuver with the facets of the warren’s new embodiments.

Rising from her crouch, she dusted herself off, before tenderly and gently placing the bounty within her basket. “I think we can head back." Then, once her staff was made, she’d be able to return to Frey, and ensure more healing could take place.
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He smiled. "Unfortunately, no. That's the problem with the maze it's different. It changes. Some say it's alive and would breathe and move. That's why there are so many maps here. I've been here three times and each time it was different. It's a gradual thing, but I think we'll get out of here." He said with a broader grin. He was still fascinated by the image of the labyrinth it had been different again. But it showed only its beautiful sides this time. He had the new map open and was already trying to find a good route for the way back.

He nodded to her and walked slowly back with her. "I did the same as you I made myself a spear with the help of Frey and tried to heal people with it. I think it's great that others have this idea," he said as he continued walking.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
“Oh. Different every time?” Ignorance of the Labyrinth struck her, as the world seemed tediously more difficult. Frowning slightly, she permitted her eyes to commit the imagery to memory instead then, wondering why anyone had bothered with a map in the first place. “Interesting.” For it was, and she wouldn’t discredit a world that had somehow managed to overrun the earth with its abilities to twist and change, distort and unravel.

She followed along, ensuring everything was still safely tucked within her basket. “Thank you. I just think…after the war…” she shrugged, uncertain how to parse together the thoughts. “We need all kinds of ways to mend.”
that kept so many warm
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He nods curtly but that seemed to be the way it was so far. He was here three times and three times the away were different. Likewise, the range of people who were here showed that his statement was not wrong. Likewise, the labyrinth seemed to be different each time. Sometimes one had to go long way. But sometimes you only had to make 2 turns to get to where you wanted to go. But this time the labyrinth showed its beautiful side. Oases or even life itself showed itself.

"That's a commendable idea. I also prefer to build things rather than destroy them. Even if it sometimes seems easier. Keeping the peace is often harder than waging war. We should always try to improve ourselves."He says and tries to go back the way he came as well as he can remember.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena gave a firm nod at the notions, tucking the semblances away for any future endeavors into the Labyrinth. Experience mattered only a little – and the rest would remain enigmatic and mysterious, perhaps just the way the warren and maze preferred it.

As for other things, the Caretaker grinned while they wound their way back through turns and twists, mind keeping a steady beat of the patterns, regardless. “I agree,” to improvements, to building rather than destroying, to keeping and ensuring peace after all these tides had turned. “Thank you for your help today.”

And from there, they’d eventually find their way back again, into Grounds and stony fixtures.

{FIN}
that kept so many warm