{SE} mind my wicked words
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
She takes no offense to his desire to train with the demigod over herself, though it would be easy to draw such implications. Though curious about what training he has done thus far with Noah, it's not the appropriate time to ask given the more pressing questions on her own tongue. One that causes his fair mood to dissipate like fog beneath the summer sun. Still, it is a necessary cruelty; poison would endlessly circulate in the bloodstream if not given a chance to bleed free, and sometimes the sharpest and swiftest scalpel was the kindest pain to inflict.

Listening in silence, Hotaru merely continues along the cobblestone as they walk together. And, when it seems he has run out of steam for the moment - at the cost of the crumpling cake box - she sees fit to interject. First, she gently lays a hand over his own closest to temper the destruction of the parcel in his hands. Her hands are bare now with the Academy's blessing, making the small curl of her fingers around the joints of his own more obvious to the eye, a silent nudge to release his tension in another way.  

"Well, that's quite a lot," she says mildly, free of amusement lest he believe she does not take his concerns seriously. In fact, moments later, she frowns slightly in preparation of the unfortunate clarity she must provide. "Firstly, I'm afraid unless you change your own stance on Evie naturally and readily, Deimos' favor may be impossible to win again. And may yet remain that way even if you do." Her golden hair trembles as she shakes her head minutely, somber. "Regardless of whether your fears and suspicions were well-meaning or well-placed, that's not for me to decide. I have held grudges for far less, personally. I'm certainly in no place to point fingers or accuse anyone of pettiness or illogical conclusions." Case in point, she lifts the parcel for Cordelia a little to gesture to it. Hotaru's moods and affections have always been volatile, stormy; her loyalty nigh impossible to win, and eternal because of it.

"But, as someone who has known Deimos longer than nearly anyone, and as closely as family..." the Valkyrie sighs, a truly remorseful act that has moisture clinging to her cheeks and clouding her features. "You may have to resign yourself to your relationship with him being broken. Deimos does not forgive easily. When his trust and esteem is broken, I have scarcely ever seen him change his mind." Switching her heavy parcel to her other hip, the Valkyrie looks out over the bustling pathway before them to provide Talyson the privacy she suspects he will need to conceal his visible reactions, or at least to feel as if they aren't being keenly observed. "Deimos' heart is more well-guarded than any I have ever seen. In suspecting his loved one, for reasons he surely took personally given his own history in Halo and beneath Zariah's rule, you cast his own judgment into question - your own trust in him. Not to mention that Deimos will weather nearly any hatred or suspicion of his own character, but he will not abide the same of his loved ones - at least not to his face." Silence would have been the better course of action in this case; patience, surveillance. Deimos would turn an intentionally blind eye in most cases, would try to give time for the warring parties to settle their own matters; Gods knew he'd done it enough for Hotaru, never stepping on her independence to try and settle wrongs on her behalf. "Explanations and insight aside, I suppose what I should really ask is - what do you want to happen now?" Stopping, she steps off to the side of the street to turn a focused, intense gaze upon Talyson, brows slightly drawn. "Are you capable of only having a professional relationship with Deimos from here on out? Because if not, the road ahead of you leads only two ways - either you forsake any relationship with him entirely, professional or otherwise, or you work as you never have before to try and repair what he may not want fixed."
I've set a course for losing you
I've no remorse for what I do
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
{SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 03:59 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-02-2023, 05:07 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-02-2023, 10:30 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-02-2023, 11:05 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-03-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-14-2023, 01:28 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-15-2023, 05:27 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-15-2023, 05:53 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Talyson - 01-15-2023, 06:53 AM
RE: {SE} mind my wicked words - by Hotaru - 01-15-2023, 07:28 AM