[SE] it looks back at you
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Isla

"Maybe," Isla says softly, and there's perhaps a whisper of a smile on her face as she leans down to collect a few promising bits of firewood and kindling. Like Sunjata, there's forever a sense of do I really deserve it?, though Isla has been alone for long enough over the past year to almost be beyond that. It's either move forward or stagnate at this point, and given that seeing Varus hadn't been the cure-all some might say it should be...

Pressing her eyes shut for a second as though she can banish those thoughts, the medic returns to the sled as Sunjata starts speaking, Isla giving his words the consideration they deserve. "Options have been in quite a short supply lately," she agrees, attempting a little bit of lightheartedness, though it's strained at best.

"I'll think about it," she says, hesitating before continuing as if not wanting to make it Sunjata's problem. "I'm just a little afraid, I suppose. Once it's done I can't go back, you know? And it's like properly saying goodbye to everything up until now."
I'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
When you hit me, hit me hard
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
no one's coming to save you, swing that sword that you made
She gathers some more pieces of wood for the sled and Sunjata pauses in dragging it further as she adds it into the small pile already growing. He reaches up and adjusts the scarf around his neck, squinting down at the pale snow in a way that might be more considered a glare. For now, though, it’s good that Isla speaks her lightheartedness and distracts him from his silent war with the snow and Deepfrost. “They have.” He agrees with the twitch of a small smile forming.

As for her thinking on becoming Ancient, it ultimately isn’t his decision to make. Whether she wants to or doesn’t want to, Sunjata would at the very least be there regardless of the choice. He doesn’t have anywhere else to go, anyway. So he nods in agreement, a plume of a cloud leaving his lips as he speaks. “Yeah. You’ll have to weigh the pros and cons.” He reiterates his statement from earlier, offering another small smile (this time with more amusement) as he drags the sled closer toward her, nudging her with an elbow.
the flood
with the pain that they gave you, like the pain is gonna save you
totally sniped from odd ilu
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

He doesn't have anywhere else to go, anyway would feel a little biting were it not the exact same situation for Isla. Even so, it's with a soft slouch of her shoulders that she nods her agreement. "We'll finish building The Nameless Brothel and then I'll make a decision," she says, as if being able to turn it into a task for her diary makes it easier to consider. She can just check it off her list instead of realising it's a literal life changing decision, right?

Her lips part to say something else - maybe it's a you don't seem to like the snow, maybe it's a if I decide to become an Ancient, will you go with me? We'll never know, honestly, because Sunjata nudges Isla at the exact moment her foot hits a section of ice covered by snow. The momentum turns his nudge into a veritable ice rink, and it's with a very unladylike curse that Isla loses her feet from beneath her.

There's a beat of silence before her quiet laughter starts to echo into the air, growing by degrees until she can't even think of getting up until she gets hold of herself.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
No rush.” Comes his accented tone, suggesting that he doesn’t intend on her to come to a decision overnight, even if the brothel was completed. It didn’t mean she needed to immediately go and Ancient right after the doors were unlocked for the first time. But he doesn’t get to add the next statement, waiting for her next set of words to leave her when he nudges her and she slips on the ice and immediately feathers of surprise spark on Sunjata’s skin, becoming a turtleneck of sorts from where it can be seen, proofing him out under the clothes he wears as he scrambles to try and grab her only to lose his balance too.

Only Sunjata’s lucky enough to land on his knees with a “motherfucker” that breaks from him shortly before she starts laughing. It cuts through his own surprise and stinging pain to his knees, the rope drops into the snow and he reaches for Isla to try and help her up before he tries to get up himself. “I’m sorry.” He offers, sounding nothing close to apologetic as the laughter is paired alongside it.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"I am not," Isla barks out through a laugh, unable to help herself. (She's referring, of course, to Sunjata's exclamation of motherfucker). Scrabbling a bit to try and get herself into a sitting position - easier said than done when she's wearing a lot of layers as well - eventually the medic manages to snag Jata's hand to do it, still giggling.

"You look like a pillow," she manages as soon as she gets a good look at him, nodding at all the feathers plumping up out of his collar and his clothes. With a broad, fanged grin, Isla is laughing all over again, slowly getting to her knees and slipping and sliding to her feet until she's half leaning against the sled.

"Gods, you know - I really don't think you are," she says of him being sorry, reaching out to offer him a hand up as well. "I don't think I have laughed like that in a long time."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her immediate laugh and response to his curse sparks a soft surprise of laughter from him, breaking through the storm clouds of his mind and focusing even further on the fact that the snow and ice was making it ridiculously difficult to get any sort of footing. At least he’s tall enough on his knees to be able to help her up, grasping her hand and helping her stand, his head cocking as she mentions he looks like a pillow. “What?” He asks, a hand leaving her to press against his chest and shoulder when he realizes it and very visibly rolls his eyes, but his amusement remains on his face, twisting along the scars found there.

It surprised me and I puffed up.” He begins, trying to explain why he looked like a pillow, but it comes out sounding more like a child explaining why they’d reacted the way they had. But her hand is offered to him and he takes it, pulling himself up before having to bend down to grab the rope again to the sled, flashing her a small amused smile as a few more chuckles leave him. “I don’t think I have either. I guess it just takes some shitty snow to break through the fog, hm?” And like a petulant, spoiled child, he kicks at a bit of snow, watching the powder settle in a small pile not far from where his boot had kicked it.

How deeply unsatisfying.
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"You puffed up," Isla repeats, still grinning like an idiot and wiggling her eyebrows at him as if there's some innuendo to be found there. (And is there? Who knows at this point?) "I'll make a mental note to absolutely not surprise you again in the future." And if Sunjata can't tell that she's lying by the absolutely deadpan expression on her face, well... that's absolutely on him.

Regardless, they manage to get their feet back under them, and although she's a bit wobbly, Isla is able to continue collecting firewood while Sunjata pulls the sled. Granted, they're both slowly being covered in snow both from the growing blizzard and the tumble on the ground, so it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pick up the pace. "Are you trying to say you're not a fan of the snow, Sunjata?" she guesses with a sly smile in his direction.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He huffs another quiet laugh at her reiteration of him puffing up, folding his arms across his chest as if he knew that he’d never live that one down. And while she speaks, she harbors such a deadpan look that he can’t help but to laugh again and roll his eyes, finally getting his feet back under them and pull the sled, picking up a bit more speed with it despite the heaviness of the sled with the more firewood that’s added.

At her guess, he kicks another disappointing pile of snow before casting a glance over toward her. “What was the first hint?” He asks, slanting a crookedly boyish smile her direction. “The first time I had ever seen snow was when I got here. And then when we were allowed to go to Halo? It was like my own personal torture.” Alongside the other memories of Halo that time – the white dragon, the loss of friends, the failed quest.

But he pushes that aside and tugs the sled a bit more, pausing when he can see the direction to the refuge through the cloudy, snowy sky. “Nate always loved the snow, though.” He knew it was because he was far more experienced with it than Sunjata was, but it was still something that was charming to reminisce about when he didn’t have to focus on the pain of remembering that Nate was gone. Perhaps he could simply pretend that he was back at the Refuge, making hot cocoa, blankets at the ready for the second they arrived.

It's a daydream that keeps him warm enough to make it through the rest of the walk, at least.
the flood
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"Oh, I couldn't possibly say," Isla drawls, as if his expression, his violence towards every passing snowdrift and the general hunched and unhappy posture wasn't enough of a giveaway. Regardless, as he explains she can't really blame him, though she does raise her eyebrows to hear that he'd never even seen snow until coming to Caido. "I bet your first Deepfrost was an interesting one," she remarks with a smirk.

The refuge comes into view and Isla pauses only to collect a bit more kindling and a few more substantial bits of firewood, stacking them on the sled and offering a smaller smile to Sunjata. "At least you can find a good memory in it then," she says softly. And daydream or otherwise, the comfortable silence they fall into lasts until they are well into the Sanctuary, and from there it's easier to drift back into small talk.

If nothing else, there will be ample firewood for Longnight. And no pennies for any crummy wishing well - not even one.

~FIN