spilling dust
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
ache first, but then let the cuts close
spit out the blood
Making sense of the world, through maps or books or some level of information, would keep anyone occupied. Constantly changing, rearranging, by war deliberations and dramatics, or some other means of operation; a flux of parameters and paradigms that sometimes couldn’t be explained. So he nodded at the notions, for Darkeye would have more than enough to do with simply drawing out the latest alterations in the Hollowed Grounds alone.

Whether or not he expected the inquiry didn’t seem to matter. His features remained their reticent selves, save for a slight arch in his brow at the question, the yearning to be included. “There are not many conditions – but being willing to listen to instruction and advice, especially in dangerous situations, is a must.” He could ask Sah and Talyson about their experiences, seeing as how their stupefying actions led to far more malicious circumstances than necessary. “Creatures react quickly, especially when faced with threats, and I will not put those in my care into additional risk.” They understood the notions of monster hunting, but they didn’t need anyone who committed to actions on their own terms, without regard for the others in their party.
watch your body pull itself back together
then let your soul do the same
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 25 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 19 - Int: 0
Mahariel - Regular - Black Panther
Played by: Lostdream Offline
Change author:
MP: 515
DARKEYE
Not the strongest win the battle —
It was good to be able to be among himself sometimes. Not always having to slip into a role and please. He could do that when it came to life and death or when he was just wandering and felt unobserved, the maps were just a byproduct. Something he could show why he was doing it. Of course, there were strategic advantages. But that was just the bonus. Just being himself had become a highlight for him. Because he knew that there were many people who did not like his way. He had learned to adapt.

He nodded curtly. "I will do my part. I'm not trying to prove myself here Deimos. I want to learn. I was wrong about Sunjata even though you warned me. You said that Noah had a good core. I was wrong about that too. Only a fool would not believe your words now. I understand your concern. I felt the same way, but the book alone is no longer enough. I need field experience. I will subordinate myself. I will not put animals or people in danger. If you are willing to give me the chance to prof it. "He really wanted to learn. To understand what had changed in the animal and plant kingdoms. The fauna and flora, of it, could be used to bring Caido further. Yet to leave a part of nature to itself. The aspect of Frey that he liked so much. The survival of the stronger, smarter, and faster.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Darkeye may not have been looking to prove himself, but Deimos had heard, and seen, enough of the man’s stories and adventures to be apprehensive of potential actions. The cleric often ran headlong into pursuits and exploits either without forethought or explanation, and the Sword had enough on his plate with impulsive, rash individuals. “I will hold you to that,” he countered, extending his hand out to the priest, wondering if this was another mistake. At the very least, he could give him admonitions and caveats. If the man didn’t listen, he simply wouldn’t be allowed or permitted to accompany their hunts. “Consider yourself joined,” in a swift handshake. “The guildhall is located in Halo, and we have quite a few journals, bounties, and notices.”

Pausing and deliberating, his eyes move away from the well, and back out into their surroundings. “We will likely be going on a hunt in early Flowerbirth, depending on information from locals.” He could imagine some animals or demons coming out of their winter hibernation, ready to haunt or taunt again.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Age: 156 | Height: 160 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
DARKEYE
It was the one chance he needed. Just as Bastien had given it to him. Now it was time to turn his gaze to something else. He had to learn one way or another. Yes, his drive had often been in his own way. He had to learn to control himself again. Self-control was something important. That he had since he was in Caido could not quite control. My curiosity had always been great. What if the people had only listened to him because he had been in a position of power? He was questioning all that. He would have to meditate on it. "If it comes to that, please do." Darkeye chimed in. On the further details, there was a nod of the head.

"Let's hope they continue to sleep. Demons, if they are like from my world, are very strong creatures that demand a lot of blood," he said calmly, trying to sound confident. But should the order come and Deimos would want him there, he would hurry as fast as he could.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
The Sword didn’t hold back when it came to protecting his people, and so he nodded swiftly at the notions; a conviction of strength, diligence, and power. Should Darkeye, or any others, interfere, the motions thereafter would be swift and consuming.

The other statement caused another lilt and arch to his brow. “From what I have been told, and seen, there have been quite a few new creatures spotted since the war.” Man-sized spiders and frost foxes in Halo’s midst, a myriad more scattered from shore to shore, island to island, land to land. “Have you seen anything in the Grounds?”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Greed for power and strength was not what drove the old rapscallion to such an action. He thought it was a form of justice. He was blind and did not see that he had gone wrong. It cost him a hand and an eye. That he had two hands again surprised him and he was very happy about it. The prosthesis he had made didn't help that much to replace a real hand.  But here he was on the same path. Justice at any price? Revenge was one thing, but was this the right way? he would have to think about it.

He just nods. "I don't know if these creatures already existed or not. I've encountered a kind of fish that can imitate voices and sounds. What people with help calls or noises like the destruction of the grounds trying to bring around the sleep. More not yet to be honest. But the landscape on the grounds has changed a lot. I have the feeling that it is getting warmer. Let's see what effect that will have," he said quietly. He hadn't found anything else, otherwise, a letter would have been on its way to Deimos by now (the owlbear hadn't appeared yet at this point.) But the dwarf would inform the sword if he found anything.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Experiences and land alterations were going to go hand in hand when it came to incoming encounters with new flora and fauna, and to hear of another winding its way through the Grounds gave him pause. He was used to the calls of the banshees, the haze of the dream fish, or the stone golems resting within shadows and ruins, but Darkeye’s latest contact caused his brow to arch, leaning against the stone well to snag at his journal.

Thumbing through, he didn’t have anything mentioning echoing proportions, or a way to imitate voices and sounds – it gave him some pause though, because the Voice’s monsters within LongNight’s stretch had been capable of doing the same. “Interesting,” in a distinct rumble, jotting down the newfound information. “Did they seem threatening?” He could imagine, in some state, it’d be mischief, and in another range of circumstances, predacious and alarming.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Being reminded of his failure each time. Was for Darkeye a burden that he could not stand for too long. For some, these days were so traumatizing that they tried as soon as the echo sharks appeared quickly seek the distance or quickly fall victim to them.

"They lure their victims into the water they are called echo sharks. Once deep enough in the water. One is pulled down and no longer seen. It's scary, to be honest. They work in packs. One sings and the rest try to pull you down. Are the reports. What is true is hard to say. But it is true that they are very good at reproducing screams accurately," he said, trying to describe the shark as best he could.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Echo sharks – luring, pulling, taking, coaxing, enticing. Similar to will-o-wisps in the Greatwood, to the Voice’s monsters, to all manner and matter of constituents and creatures within Caido that existed in some amount of terror. “Noted,” he ensured and measured, the lines on his journal filling in the gaps. Perhaps a future hunt too, if they became a true threat to the public. “After the war, Halo gained some others too.” His mind flickered to the frost foxes, far gentler than any fish alluring others to their deaths, and then more distinctions making impacts. “Like the man-sized spiders in the woods,” to which he shrugged, as if this was ordinary, everyday circumstances. “Seems like the guild will always be busy.”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
He hears all about Halo and the hints of these creatures. What you can learn from them. What I could use to make things easier for the people in Caido. Potential had opened up. Whether the guild would help only the future and fate knows. Darkeye was glad to be able to participate in something like this and if everything went well, he could learn a lot. Of course, he had to work on his temperament. If he tried hard enough, he could convince people that he wanted to help the people of the Grounds and Caido. "The work never gets less. It only gets more. I hope I can help. The last thing I want to be is a burden or a risk factor," he said openly, admitting his concerns. He didn't want to be the old man left behind because he feared he wouldn't return.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Given everything he’d heard and experienced with Darkeye, he knew the man was willing to try. He had determination in spades. But the cleric also held the lack of impulse control, forethought, and ability to listen in the moment – a dangerous and potentially lethal combination when working in a group. It wouldn’t be the man’s age inveigling any trials or tribulations, but rather, the urgency of action, whether well-conceived or not. “Your willingness is not the issue,” and he allowed a slight smile, because Deimos spoke plainly, and it was only to benefit the blacksmith. “I worry about you not listening to others, especially in the middle of a hunt.” Or chaos, in devastation, in ways that the Sword could only strive to protect the masses when they worked together as a unit.
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
It was a punch in the gut; for a moment, you could see that the words were hurtful even if they weren't meant to be. Better the truth than this constant mothering. "I do not see myself as a danger, I have had to learn a lot. I had difficulties adapting, which I still have. "He hesitated briefly and took a breath. "I could have saved more people on the grounds if I had been listened to. But people saw in me exactly what you just said. So it must be true. I'll work on it, Deimos," he said calmly, taking a few deep breaths in and out, trying to stay calm. As for the hunt, Darkeye would see it as a campaign. Deimos had the say. After him his next general and so on. He would follow. If everything went well, he could prove himself here.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
spit out the blood
Darkeye might not have seen himself as a danger, but based on the stories, and the sights for himself, Deimos disagreed on the opinion. His brow arched significantly at the notions of saving more at the Grounds had he been listened to – and perhaps that rancor could be shoved towards Sunjata – or it had come too little too late. Maybe the cleric intended to turn over a new means and measure in his pursuits, for the Sword also recalled the tale surrounding the relic in Stormbreak. There were always intricate pathways in dealing with alterations: to follow the course of history and the actions taken in those regards, or to see how an individual had changed?

A deep rumble followed, though the warning was deeply laden in its depths. “I will give you the opportunity,” to try, to listen, to adhere to what was asked. Pausing, withholding a long breath collecting in his lungs, he glanced towards the sky, at the hints of daylight beginning its less than subtle fade. “Do you need anything else?”
Darkeye Dwartonarm
Cleric / Blacksmith

Change author:
DARKEYE
Darkeye wondered if he should give more of his worries to Deimos. This thing with the Old Gods. The grounds and what he had heard at the banket. The worries of the people. The hunger that would soon come upon the Grounders. The image of the grounds was still damaged. That no one would help. All this was in his mind and he had touched on some of it and told Deimos. Sunjata was also a big worry. But there were things he had to do himself. Deimos saw a danger in teamwork. When a friend said something like that, Darkeye had to work hard on himself. He could not fail here.

"I need many things, but I need to think first. But I thank you for your frank words Deimos. I know that many of my actions seem strange to the people here. I just try to make the best out of the situation. I am honest I think I am just homesick for my world. I think you understand what I mean. I can't change the situation and since Voice is no more there is no way back... I think that I have tried to find a way home. But now after the year, I have to finally call this world my home world. I have to make the best of it and make sure that people also make the best of themselves. I am still a cleric." he said with trembling in his voice again and again. He would give his friends his family. He would never see his people again and admitted this to himself for the first time.
— the smartest do

Coding base by Sky