[SE] Wanna dance (with you) even if I get hurt
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 45 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 54 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5720
Tal had the social sensitivity of a bull in a china shop, but he hadn't intended any malice in his question. It had been two years since he'd showed up with a bottle of comfort for a man who'd been done wrong, and he thought that enough time had passed to dull the pain.

And maybe it had, but some scars still stung, it seemed.

As Sah's expression turned glum he almost took the question back, but by the time he opened his mouth it was too late. The hunter had thrown himself into other pursuits, it seemed, and Tal couldn't blame him.

At least the return question had him quirking back towards a grin as he swirled his shot carefully in its little glass. "I met this cute girl out in th'Climb before the War... but I haven't seen'er since," he admitted with a sigh, remembering fiery Fiadh and her flaming hair. "An' there's this girl in Torchline. Mel is... she's somethin', Sah. But she's so far outta my league I dunno if she even knows I exist sometimes." He tossed back his shot and studied the empty glass against the firelight. The silence stretched out for a long moment before he broke it again, his wry humor fading to a softer, wounded honesty. "An' there was a guy, back before the War. I think I mighta been fallin' in love with'im. Or could've. But..." He exhaled and shook his head slowly, reaching to pour the next shot. What number were they on now?

"I dunno. Guess there's somethin' t'be said for wantin' what's outta my reach. The dreams are probably better than the reality'd be, anyways. Long as I don't get what I want, I won't be disappointed when it doesn't live up to the hype." His lip curled in a self-deprecatory smile and he raised his glass to his friend. "Here's t'bein' single an' livin' it up, yeah?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] Wanna dance (with you) even if I get hurt - by Talyson - 02-27-2023, 05:47 PM