Personal Quest Try before you buy
Accepted Item PQ
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

The blaze had the Doubletake's eyes lighting up, and with Anju 's assistance, she released arrow after arrow as if she indeed meant to set the entirety of King's End ablaze. Anything to keep the older woman's attention. So it was that Flora huffed an audible and obvious sound of annoyance as the courier called a halt to what was quickly becoming quite the instructive lesson.

Picking up Tal's dagger, Flora at first is content simply to watch Anju play with her feathers, uttering a soft oooh as the Dragoon released one. "Just wait until you recall it." She trills proudly while waggling her eyebrows slightly.

Turning to Talyson, Flora looks down at the dagger as a slow and mischievous smile parts her lips. "So I just...look at something, and do this?" Turning to Tal properly, Flora holds the knife up carefully, eyeing the courier. Carefully as she could, she gave the tip a little flick, meaning for it to cut away one of the buttons (zippers, seams, etc) of Tal's shirt.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Anju's mastery of weaponry continued with her quick understanding of Flora's plumage. She was able to recall her chosen feather with immediate ease, the magical blades responding to her mental command as if she'd been using them for months. Her aim was nothing to scoff it, either. The feather struck the edge of the bullseye, nicking into the yellow-painted heart of the target on the first try.

Tal had heard Flora's huff of annoyance, but he did his best to pretend he hadn't. He was feeling awkward enough at his own meeting and the sooner they wrapped it up the sooner he could beat a retreat and leave the ladies to their impromptu meet-cute. Bows weren't his best weapon, but he sighted down the Scorch Recurve and managed to get an arrow in the general vicinity of the target... But he was relieved when the damp grass quenched the fire swiftly.

Flora's voice caught his attention before he could put a second arrow to the string and he looked over to her, intending to assure her--

"Hey!" The yelp was a little higher pitched than Tal would admit to later. "Watch where you're pointin' that!" He knew the range on it better than anyone, however, and there was no way to get out of it before Flora twitched so instead he froze. Sure enough, her wrist flicked and there was a soft snickt as an invisible blade of force sliced the button at the neck of his shirt. He swallowed hard and cleared his suddenly-dry throat as it dropped to the grass before he could speak again.

"That's, uh... that's enough for the weapons. Let's... just set them down on th'table... careful-like..." He suited action to words, placing Anju's Scorch Recurve back on the plank and waiting for the ladies to do the same with their own borrowed artillery. "An' pick somethin' else t'try out. Then maybe we can call it a day, yeah?"

Last round!

Choose a non-weapon item to give a whirl!

See-Right Goggles
Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Upgraded
Reinforced goggles capable of seeing with perfect clarity regardless of conditions, up to 20ft. This includes magical darkness. Can begin to see through basic-level illusions at 5ft.

Rockhide Vest
Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
An armoured vest flecked in black and white and lined with cool, fur-like material. This item blocks physical damage at Talyson's Basic level. Requires a 2 post cool-down between uses.

Beetle Ring:
Type: Dark | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
Nullifies Basic Ascended upgrades in a radius of 5ft for 1 post. Requires a 3 post cooldown between uses.

Invisibility Ring
Type: Grey | Style: Other | Level: Basic
A gorgeous, copper-gold ring that, when worn, renders the wearer invisible.

Illusion Mirror
Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
A pocket mirror that when placed on the ground duplicates the user's appearance exactly. Duplicate cannot speak or leave their place and appears as if the user is simply standing still. Lasts 1 round in combat. Must be picked up to be re-activated.

Capitol Compass
Type: Light | Style: Other | Level: Basic
Can travel to the political hubs in all settled lands.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Tickled pink at the look on @Tal's face, Flora runs her tongue across her teeth and sashays her way toward the table. Trailing a finger along the items present as if trying to debate which one she ought to pick, the Doubletake in fact is preparing.

In a swift series of movements, she looks over her shoulder at Anju and tips the other woman a sultry wink. "Catch me if you can." She purrs warmly, before slipping her invisibility ring over a finger. She then grabs her illusion mirror and compass, before taking Anju's beetle ring. How much movement would be seen, she really had no idea. Would she stay invisible, but the items wouldn't? That didn't make a ton of sense, but then, she hadn't tried to use her ring for a bit of stealing either.

Activating the capitol compass, Flora disappears.

Flora has taken back her MIRROR, RING, AND COMPASS.

She has STOLEN Anju's RING.

Anju presumably still has her feathers.
what doesn't kill me makes
me want you more
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Anju
I am a a princess with lips made of glass
The interaction between Flora and Talyson is deeply amusing. Anju would never normally advocate for being anything less than stringent and disciplined when handling weapons, but since nothing had gone wrong she would indulge in a moment of private humor over the young woman's boldness. Not a good trait in a soldier, but admirable in a woman.

For a moment she thinks she has been caught in her observations, but no. Flora is catching her eye intentionally. Not the most adept at reading people, Anju arches an eyebrow in silent question - only for both to go high on her forehead in blatant surprise as the Doubletake snags her ring and promptly disappears.

Over in the corner, Riya's draconic laughter is obnoxiously prevalent in the stunned silence that follows. Anju slowly looks over to Talyson, uncertain if she should laugh, shake her head, or groan. "Well. It appears I have been robbed." And only then does she snort a laugh. "I suppose I will keep these until I can track her down." Flipping the feather in her hand idly, she pockets them neatly, clearly intending to take them regardless of Talyson's potential objections. "This was a good training. I liked it." High praise from the rather quiet woman, who spares a tiny but sincere smile for Talyson.
and a voice cut from steel
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Flora was causing chaos and if anyone was up to the task of reining her in, it sure wasn't Talyson. He was too busy taking a deep breath of relief when she set his Dagger down and staying out of the way to let the ladies make their choices first. He hadn't anticipated that his friend - well, he'd thought she was his friend - would steal something and run.

"Hey!" His yelp was too little too late as she vanished and then, in short order, so did most of her items and Anju's ring. "Flora, you little--!" Just what he thought Flora was ended up cut short by Boreal's head bumping into his hip, a Blink Hare dangling from her muzzle as she presented it with pride - and no little mischief. Tal scowled down at her, suspicious that she might have been in on Flora's plan but all he got from his companion was amusement at his discomposure so he settled for rubbing her head between her horns and looking back to Anju helplessly.

At least she was being a good sport about it? And hey, if she wanted to keep the feathers as a surety against getting her ring back, Tal sure as hail wasn't going to argue! Instead he scooped up his own items, pulling his armor over his head and slipping the Goggles back over his neck as he gave Anju a wry, sheepish smile. "Thanks. Sorry it ended, uh... like this." His smile threatened to turn back down into a scowl but he kept it up through an effort of sheer willpower. "C'mon, let's pack up the Peregrine. Least I can do is give you a ride t'Torchline if y'want the ring back."

~Fin~