[se] nine in the afternoon
Lena
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Mateo
who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
"In the literal sense at least," Mateo agrees with a cheerful laugh, settled in his spot and making the most of the flowers in his wheelbarrow. There will be a few here and there leftover to plant where he's misjudged his ratios, but he's sure the Celestine won't mind some new floral neighbours. "And it is very convenient, yes. I am wondering if I can convince him to work on my ship full time, once he is qualified. I could upgrade the place, then."

As for Stormbreak, Mateo gives his fingers another short rest so he can lean back on his hands and peep up at the spangles of twilight overhead. "It's certainly different now that we are up in the air," he says. "A lot of new places, but in the same space. It is quite exciting, no?" Smiling, the expression does fade by degrees into something not necessarily sad, but not happy either.

"It does feel like everything has stood still a bit though, doesn't it?"
no liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
A thoughtful hum meandered along her mouth, echoes of past and vast lullabies. “And then your shop could truly bloom,” she uttered with a wink, sliding the needle and thread through fabric once more. Another finished knot on a set of claws, and she moved onward, weaving amidst patterns of hues, flora, and fauna.

Her inquiry about Stormbreak didn’t strike a nerve, though it seemed to give both of them pause. She craved others’ perspectives since she’d discussed sentiments with Anju; of how to manuever onward, when there was still no official leading force. She admired the protection and structure built into the island, but gods, sometimes they seemed to be drifting into lethargy amidst the repose, and she had no notions of how to counteract it. Did other lands have the same issues? “A bit listless since the war,” and she nodded, in accord and agreement. “The peace is wonderful, but it feels as though we’re stuck?” She shrugged, uncertain if that was the right wording.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Mateo
who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
"That it could," Mateo says with a wide and dimpled smile, his hands too full to gesture his appreciation for her pun, but his expression says enough, he hopes. Alas, it isn't a smile that's destined to last, not with the sobering topic of Stormbreak coming to the fore. Letting out a sigh that puffs his cheeks and drags his shoulders down, Mateo nibbles at the inside of his lower lip.

"Mm, like we are not going backwards, but we are not moving on either," he agrees. "I suppose it is not so surprising. People need to fly to get here, and Abandoned are still unable to walk the streets. Stormbreak did have a reputation for being a bit unwelcoming before the war, no?"
no liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
“I suppose,” she echoed, frowning slightly, at the notions of Stormbreak and its acerbic reputation. The war hadn’t been kind to any lands, much less individuals who glorified in it. Pulling at the hem a bit more, and placing her needles and thread away, she shook out portions of the garment, glancing at it from different angles.

Smiling, striving to renew that sense of inner peace and stalwart determination, she waited until Mateo seemed to have finalized his own piece; blooms unfurling in time to the muse of the season. “We’ll just have to find ways to change that,” radiant, buoyant, and positive, they could part ways with notions of alterations for the future – hopefully.

{FIN}
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all