Training Low Air Pressure
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Hotaru
if we can't raise the dead
He does become weary eventually, but well within impressive limits. Hotaru gives one last push against the riotous water, and finds it still holds up even with the wavering on the Tidebreaker's face. Satisfied, she pulls her magic back and lets it dissipate into the sky above, and makes an 'end it' motion for Hadama to see through the water given he wouldn't be able to hear her well. He would have felt her withdrawal after her last attack but it would let him know that she felt confident in her examination of him. She waits for the water to fall and settle at its own pace, and uses her air magic once more to dry her now damp clothes while she awaits Hadama's return to the shoreline.

"Fantastic job. I think I have a good idea of your abilities and how I can strengthen them. Thank you for entertaining my curiosity outside of official Academy training." Smiling, she extends her hand to him, wading in a little to make it easier on him in a rather symbolic attempt to meet halfway. "If you'd like I can heal a bit of your exhaustion to make the rest of your day's tasks easier." Whether he takes it or not, she has a lot to think about in regards to his trajectory within the Academy. He is a promising student.
we'll just raise hell instead
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
It was a relief when the pressure came off and he didn't need to force his concentration back against the battering of Hotaru's magic. The Tidebreaker was exhausted but remained tense within his much smaller column of ocean as he waited for the next assault. He could still see the human through the blurry wall of water, however, and caught her motion of finality.

It was with a relief that he would not show on his face that he sank back into the sea along with his magic, releasing it gently and taking a moment to simply float and regather some of his energy before he swam slowly back towards the island's shore.

Her praise was kindly meant and he inclined his head in weary acceptance of her words. "A good test," he murmured, appreciating her gesture and its symbolism as well as the simple fact that he didn't have to beach himself in his worn down state. He reached up to take her hand, firmly and gently, and accepted her offer with quiet dignity. He was proud, but not too proud to accept help when it was offered and it was a long swim back to the City.

It was past time that he made a visit to Halo for other reasons, but the Academy was a convenient excuse and he gave his word to meet Hotaru there when the day came for more structured training.

~Fin~