Personal Quest {Magic Training} In Brittle and Briny Depths
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 7847
Hotaru
My ghost was lost to the grownup gallows
Evie limbering up is given an eye of approval, and as Hadama arrives shortly after Hotaru heads closer to the shoreline to not have to shout over the winds that often traveled over the bay. "I hope the travel wasn't too bad," she says in greeting as she and Evie approach. If so, they would have to find time to get the Warden out of Halo to meet in calmer, closer waters next time.

"Since the magic you're working to strengthen is already above the basic level, this training is going to be both harder and more complex. I'd like you to prioritize your magic over all other items, but since higher level magic can be more dangerous I want to ensure you won't be truly harmed so use them if you must." Of course she and Evie both have healing abilities, but avoiding it entirely would be better for everyone involved and would allow for fewer interruptions.

"Our training will be split into two parts. For the first half, I will be utilizing my compulsion magic to try and give you commands that I want you to fight. It will be uncomfortable, but it is the fastest, most targeted way to increase your endurance against magical attacks and mental fortitude in one go." She'd spoken with Evie in private about this beforehand given the Grounder's past with Zariah, but Hotaru eyes Hadama patiently to await any objections. "After, we will be pitting elemental magic against one another. Fire and air against water, lightning and ice against earth, so on and so forth. If that sounds agreeable, I will start with Evie first." Gesturing the redhead closer to the water's edge, Hotaru turns to face her Warden.

"For simplicity and strength, I will be commanding you to do a singular thing. We'll do this one at a time not only for myself, but so that one of you as a fellow student can watch me and protect the other by witnessing what I command so I cannot do anything untoward." While she never would as Headmistress, it would hopefully comfort both individuals to have their friend witnessing the training as their backup. "Since my magic requires physical contact to work, it also means I can go from one student to the other swiftly and not lose any training time. Evie, may I have your hand?" Waiting for the redhead to acquiesce, and using the motion to further show consent had been given, Hotaru looks into the woman's blue eyes and begins without further delay.

"Sleep."

Then she motions for Hadama to give his hand next after 90 seconds had elapsed and Evie was capable of watching in turn. Unwilling to contend with sleep and water - even if presumably the king would not drown in the same way - she chooses a different command.

"Sing."

- - -

Welcome to the Flowerbirth 316 Magic Training! This training can only be held once per IC year, and is meant for turning Upgraded magic to Mastered.

This training will be split into two approaches. For your first round, you must fight off commands from Hotaru's compulsion magic to work on expanding your magical endurance and mental fortitude. Her magic is listed below. Since all three have the same END stat, it is assured to work, but you are at liberty to choose how well and which side effects your character experiences.

Magic: Compulsion | Must be making physical contact at all times. The success of the compulsion is based on a combination of endurance stats and the extent of the order being compelled. A difference of 4 or more is ineffective. 2 or more is weakly effective. And below 1 is effective. Lasts 90 seconds. ( Compulsions should be in the form of planting the seed of an idea that the magic makes seem more plausible. Restrictions: At this level, cannot force someone to kill, harm, or go against their core-nature/character properties (i.e., could not make a pious character abandon the gods, could not make a lover turn against the other.). When these compulsions are made, to ignore/fight them causes pain on the victim (headaches, nausea, temporary blindness while within 5ft of Hotaru).)
Type: Dark | Rank: Upgraded
So I find my spirit in the bottle
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {Magic Training} In Brittle and Briny Depths - by Hotaru - 04-19-2023, 08:59 PM