Personal Quest {Magic Training} In Brittle and Briny Depths
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
Hotaru
My ghost was lost to the grownup gallows
She had given Evie an intentionally unfair hand, but the Warden fights the command as hard as she really can with her consciousness itself taken from her. Hotaru waits patiently until her magic runs its course, and when Evie reawakens she helps her back to her feet before doing the same to Hadama. She is impressed that he is able to resist enough to hum instead of sing, but it gives her the perfect opening after her magic has timed out on him as well to turn it into a teaching moment.

"Perfect. So as you saw, having your consciousness is very important for fighting these commands - it also works less effectively when I command you to do something you wouldn't normally do, so I suppose you must not sing much Hadama." A slight quirk of her lips is aimed his way, hoping to keep the positive mood about despite the trials she's putting them through. "But since we sleep everyday, it's far more difficult to resist, and most people are neutral about the act itself. It is also a command with little morality, creating a perfect storm of lowered resistance. So if I were fighting someone, I would choose to command them to sleep for that exact reason to end the fight faster." An additional lesson about the importance of choosing how to wield your magic for them to take home.

"We will do it one more time in reverse so that you can both experience one you can fight, and one you cannot." Extending her hand towards Evie once more, she waits for the woman to once again put her hand in the Valkyrie's, and though it's unnecessary for her magic Hotaru looks into her eyes and gives a small encouraging smile.

"Sing."

And, once again, she waits until Evie can safely watch over the proceedings before turning to Hadama and reaching for his hand as well. She keeps her hands on them each time, so he is in no danger of being swept away, but she has Evie come closer just in case.

"Sleep."

- - -

Second round of exercising your endurance to fight Hotaru's compulsion. We have swapped commands to experience fighting a command with less effect versus one with great effect.

Just like last time, you can exercise your creativity with what negative effects your character experiences, how quickly they succumb, etc.
So I find my spirit in the bottle
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: {Magic Training} In Brittle and Briny Depths - by Hotaru - 04-25-2023, 07:17 PM