[SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
As Jude pulled her slightly off-balance, Soh let out a playful squeal and fell a little harder than necessary to his side, intending to return the favor, but keeping their arms linked so that she could pull him back. "Oh, that's brilliant!!" she cried, practically bounding in place. "Communication devices would be absolutely incredible. I'd never take them off!" She said it without thinking, and then flushed a little, perhaps mildly embarrassed to admit just how much her best friend meant to her lest he thing her wildly needy and co-dependent.

"Someone told me once that companions choose you," Soh said hastily, to call attention away from herself. "I didn't realize you could ask the gods for one." Soh had wanted a companion for ages, ever since she'd left the Hollowed Grounds, thinking that by finding a companion, she would never again be alone. But now she had friends, and she no longer felt as lonely as she had back then.

As they approached the seam of what Soh hoped were rubies, she examined the rock intently with Jude beside her. Sure enough, the rock was a rusty, reddish color that honestly looked entirely unappealing - but if they could dig it out and polish it, she knew that the stones they would end up with would be beautiful. They would probably go well with the dress she'd made for the Flowerbirth Ball, now that she thought of it. If only she had an occasion to wear it again!

Soh set aside her staff and took the proffered pickaxe daintily, measuring its weight in her hand. She wasn't honestly sure if she could aim well enough to chip away at only the rock surrounding the potential rubies, but she was certainly happy to give it a try. Checking to make sure Jude was standing well away so that she didn't hit him on accident, Soh adjusted her grip on the pickaxe, eyed the wall where the rubies were, and swung the pickaxe at the wall.

Unfortunately for her, the pickaxe bounced off the wall with hardly a chip in the rock, and her hands stung from the force with which she'd hit the stone. She peered over her shoulder at Jude, bemused and perhaps a little embarrassed. "I'm afraid to hurt the rubies," she admitted by way of explanation. "Do you want to try?"
if all of the days have no more light and all of our dreams are lost tonight

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face - by Sohalia - 05-12-2023, 03:18 AM