[SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face
Jude Quinn
Singer

Age: 19 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
I have found it is both a blessing and a curse
It's a good thing it's settled, because Harper had started jokingly bemoaning the amount of paper they'd been going through writing letters between visits, and Jude isn't keen on buying more with his paltry earnings. "Who do you think we should ask?" He has met Frey and seen Safrin, but he doesn't have much of a preference for any of the heralds yet on a personal level. While they talk about nearly everything, this topic is one he realizes they've somehow missed. Does she have a preference?

With this - and dragon babies - on his mind, it's a relief to have success in their mining efforts to distract him lest his brain start feeling like it's full of bees with all the competing thoughts stuffed inside it. With arms ringing he lowers the pickax and basks in Sohalia's cheer of success, smile coming to the fore immediately as it always does when he hears her happiness. "Maybe I can chip at it instead of swinging it then?" Moving his hands up towards the head of the axe, he shuffles closer to inspect the gap he'd made to determine it can be done. "Stand back a bit anyway, okay?" He won't be swinging with all his might, but he would rather gouge out his own eyes than accidentally hurt her.

Up close now, he begins chipping away at the surrounding rock, tongue peeking between his teeth with concentration as he diligently loosens the chunk of ruby from its surroundings. Until, with little fanfare, it pops free - startling Jude, who can only watch it hit the ground between his feet with a dull 'thud'. "Oh! We did it!"
to feel everything so deeply and insistently
JUDE

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SE] sometimes i don't recognize my face - by Jude - 05-30-2023, 08:41 PM