Training won't raise my white flag
For Tal
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Rude, Sohalia! Tal twitched as a finger found his ribs, but fought to keep up his 'dead' act until he figured enough time had passed that he could safely resurrect. He sat up and continued the lesson from his place on the floor, though now they were on to words and warnings more than physical demonstration.

He nodded in enlightened understanding as Soh explained her staff training and a few pieces fell into place, then he offered another option of getting out of a tight spot. A simple but nasty lesson in head wounds that was easy to remember. He started to move the knife down to his ribs but his friend's question stopped him and he shrugged. "I mean... mostly, I don't fight other people," he admitted easily. "If I've got any choice at all about it, I run. But when I was growin' up there were cultists an' cannibals in Halo. We got 'em cleared out now," he hasted to assure her, lest he scare her off visiting. "But... well." He looked away, grimacing as he reached up with his free hand to rub the back of his neck. "Look. It's not like I go lookin' for a fight. But if someone else wants t'start one with me? I'm gonna make sure that I'm the one walkin' away from it when it's over." He looked up at her soberly. "An' same goes for you, Soh. The trainin'? It's 'cause I want you t'make it home if anythin' happens out there." Being a cartographer meant going to some dangerous places, after all.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia Lumaris
Soh listened to Tal's explanation carefully, unease on her face as he began to explain. As she listened, though, a look of understanding crossed her features and she nodded. It made sense, really, when he put it like that. She hadn't known about Halo's history - not that it would have deterred her, particularly, from visiting the region for herself - but now it made sense why Tal had learned to defend himself.

She herself would take the same approach: she'd run from a fight if she could, would never go looking for a fight, but if someone attacked her? In truth, she wasn't sure what she would do, if she would be able to stomach harming another even at her own expense. But it was good to have the tool in her arsenal, if it ever came down to it. Which she fervently hoped that it wouldn't.

Touched by the courier's sincerity, Soh reached hesitantly for his hand. "Thanks, Tal," she said warmly, a faint blush on her cheeks. "I promise I'll be careful."
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal glanced back up at his friend, uncertain if his words were enough to bridge the gap between their very different upbringings. He knew that violence didn't come easily or comfortably to her, but he'd been in enough scrapes to learn that running wasn't always an option. If he could help make sure that when she hit that lesson she'd survive it, he would.

He flipped his hand over to squeeze hers and then pushed himself up off the ground, bringing her with him. "Good! Do whatever it takes t'come back home, yeah? That's all I'm askin'." He set the butter knife aside and released her hand. "But that's enough for today. Wanna grab somethin' t'eat before I head back t'the ship?"

~Fin~