she had dirty word witchcraft
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Dantalion
how the fuck am I supposed to know
"From water? Not so much," Danta murmurs - that would make travelling bit restrictive to say the least. "But if you smile at me too much I might." Is there such a thing as laying on the charm too thick? Perhaps, but that wouldn't stop the Ancient even if it were the case. As for life being too short, he can't help but snort out a laugh. "I don't think it counts as immortality if you spend it as a stone statue," he says.

Watching her watch him could quickly become a hobby of Danta's, and it's with a fanged grin flashed up at her that he tilts his head. "Why wouldn't it?" he wants to know. "I don't know much about these Ascended, even if most of them seem to have joined our ranks these days. Were the poor things eunuchs or something?" He shakes his head. "Sounds horrible. Although, if you don't believe me about everything working, you're welcome to let me prove it to you."
if we're in love or if we're in pain?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Flora, who prides herself on always being up for banter, finds that her cheeks have grown just slightly too plump and her smile too broad to even form a reply, such that she was left blushing down at her knees like some charmed school girl. "I think it might be quite easy to waste one's immortality, even if you don't spend it as stone." The Doubletake quips once she's finally able to; funny how thoughts of Remi and Ronin are able to wipe the smile right from her lips.

Pushing her lips together, Flora gives a coquettish little shrug that just so happens to have her towel shifting lower. "They...couldn't even really feel anything." She murmurs, thinking of Neron and just how cold his skin had been. "There was this special room in the Grounds once upon a time, but otherwise, it wasn't just that nothing down there worked, it was like...that part of them was just gone." Giving an appropriately horrified little shiver at the thought, Flora then runs her tongue alluringly over her teeth as if they might suddenly appear fanged the way Danta's were.

"Oh?" Her aqua gaze drops once more, but this time she isn't quite so quick to tug it back up. "And here I thought you said you didn't want to spend your time hard...?"
The rumors are terrible and cruel
But honey, most of them are true
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
"Mm, maybe so. I wouldn't waste it if I were given the chance," Danta murmurs, and already his thoughts are swimming with the prospects of endless wine, writhing eternities of bodies and the feel of flesh beneath his fingertips, of blood welling under his nails. Flora's towel slipping a touch lower is everything he needs to pull his attention back, luckily, and he blinks up at her with a scrunched nose.

"Sounds terrible," he admits freely. "No wonder they lost this stupid war people keep talking about." It was like, two years ago now, right? Danta's done with aftermath, he wants the world to spin a little faster now.

Speaking of faster - and harder, as it happens - his lips curl into a grin to see her gaze dropping scandalously south of his waist. "Hard all over is a pain," he agrees. "But certain parts aren't so bad." And then some.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

"No?" The Doubletake considers for a moment, her expression that of Kombucha Girl, before ultimately, as Kombucha Girl does, she decides against it. "I don't think I'd like to live forever. I think it would get dull after a while. The fact that it all ends is what makes it interesting." Flora didn't know if she actually believed that, but the soundbite seemed good to her just then. Besides, there were more interesting things taking place.

"Is that so." Flora wonders coyly, chin raised just ever so in defiance and invitation both. "Care to play a little game...?" She wonders, sitting up and making a show of loosening the fingers currently clutching her towel to her body. "It's my own version of hide and seek." Flora elaborates, and though she has no fangs to show as her smile turns catlike, there's something just as sharp in her smirk.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
"How daring of you to say," Danta purrs, though in truth he finds the idea of endings to be abjectly horrifying. Give him eternities any day of the week - though perhaps it would be different to live the years and decades, rather than awakening centuries later as he'd just recently done. Only one way to find out though, right?

She sits up and Danta follows as if she's tugging him along on a fishing line, the Ancient leaning back on his hands and tilting his head, very interested indeed in the way her towel loosens and what might be hiding beneath. "I do love games," he murmurs. "Are you hiding, or are you seeking?"

He sees the euphemism for what it is, of course, but whether it's sex or a game of kiss chase, he's more than a little up for it iF u No WaT i MeAN.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

It isn't daring at all and Flora knows it, but gods if she isn't happy to let Danta's compliments wash over her just as welcome as a spritz of water on her skin against the oppressive heat.

Grinning, the Doubletake lets her lips relax until she's almost pouting. Though her aqua gaze never leaves the ancient's face, she rises easily from the rocks in order to gaze down upon him. "Both." She says softly, and in one fluid motion that absolutely speaks of practice, Flora removes her towel so it's now hanging in front of her like a banner. Not unlike the Tiktok of humans playing peekaboo with their animals, Flora slightly lowers and then raises the towel while counting down from 3...2...

"..one." And, not unlike in those tiktoks, when the towel drops there is no Flora to be seen.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
Intrigued but more than a little impatient as Flora lets her towel billow out without ever revealing the goodies behind it, perhaps Danta ought to have realised her plan given how she literally appeared in his vicinity only a few moments ago. And yet, as the towel finally drops and Flora disappears, the Ancient lets out a scoff of disappointment. "If you did not want to be around me so much, I would have happily let you leave," he says, rolling to his feet and prowling over to snatch up the abandoned towel.

Because if Flora wants to sneak around invisible and naked, well, who is Danta to stop her? If she plans on reappearing, though, he's going to make it a little more difficult to hide her modesty this time. "I think I've played this game before," he continues. "Marco polo, isn't it?"
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Flora, who has nimbly sashayed away from where she'd been standing just in case Danta was to wave his arms out in an effort to catch her, tsks softly. "I'm not against bringing other men into the mix," She chuckles softly, dancing from rock to rock on bare feet and doing her best not to make a sound. "-but this game is all me. Though.." Grinning to herself, Flora tries to position herself somewhere behind the ancient having no idea just how keen his senses might be. '..if you want to close your eyes, by all means."

So saying Flora picks up a small pebble and tosses it in the opposite direction. It's a poor diversion, sure, but she thinks it'll buy her a second enough to set something down on one of the stones before dancing invisibly away.

"Colder..." She trills brightly, hoping to encourage Danta to follow the sound of her voice.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
The answer, of course, is nowhere near as keen as an Ascended's would have been, and Danta is only half-assedly looking for Flora anyway. When she can turn invisible, trying to strain to see her becomes a little redundant, and so it's with the towel in his hands that he falls still and silent, ears sharp for any movement. Of course, unless she goes blundering about anywhere, even obvious sounds are drowned out by the lapping of the waves, and he's forced to orient himself by the sound of her voice alone.

A voice that's tempting him away, apparently. Given that Danta is absolutely sweet on Flora and her invisible curves, it doesn't take much for him to follow, the Ancient hopping across to another rock to try and track her down. "Do you play this game often?" he wonders.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

He takes the bait, though Flora really hadn't doubted that he would. Danta had said he liked games after all, and stepping toward traps is what made certain games all the more fun. "Are you asking if I'm any good?" Flora wonders back, lightly stepping back over the stones once more. Kneeling down, the Doubletake activates the mirror that she'd nestled against one of the larger stones. It would duplicate her appearance only, but not her invisibility.

Quickly, Flora cleared her throat to get Danta's attention. With a hip cocked that her thigh might provide some coverage and one arm slung over her breasts, both Flora and her duplicate stared at the ancient. With the real Flora a few steps behind the illusion so that any sounds required might reasonably seem to come from her double, Flora smiles alluringly. "Why don't you come on over and see what you've won?"

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Basic
A pocket mirror that when placed on the ground duplicates the user's appearance exactly. Duplicate cannot speak or leave their place and appears as if the user is simply standing still. Lasts 1 round in combat. Must be picked up to be re-activated.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
Wondering whether this is a bait and switch situation, Danta is considering his response as to whether Flora is any good at her chosen game when, lo and behold, she decides to call it to a close anyway. (Or so he thinks). Turning again towards the sound of her voice, the Ancient tilts his head to see her standing so coquettishly, and he flashes a fanged smile in her direction. "You really don't have to be so coy," he drawls, as if she's anything of the sort.

(She might be, but he doesn't get the impression that someone who drops a towel and prances off naked and invisible is all that shy). Backtracking across to where he believes Flora to be standing, the Ancient looks her up and down with all the greed of a starving man, the sunlight scattering rainbows through the crystal of his horns.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Given that she was entirely naked and only feigning modesty with her current posture, she'd assume that Danta would be all hands when she finally revealed herself. That he merely stood there had Flora nibbling at the inside of her cheek - an action her illusion performed as well. Without long left before her duplicate winked out of existence, the Doubletake decided to go all in.

Turning toward him, Flora raised her arms, hands aimed to loop around the ancient's shoulders if only he'd step forward. Hips turned, she was all golden flesh without so much as a whisper of a tan line. All that marred her youthful body was the rainbow fragments refracted from his horns. Given how close Danta was Flora didn't quite think she could risk speaking (would he notice the sound wasn't coming right from her mouth? the mouth he could see, anyway?) and so instead she stood on her tiptoes, lips parted.
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
Perhaps in hungrier times, shall we say, Danta would have thrown caution to the wind much sooner. Alas, being fully sated and thoroughly enjoying the Longheat sun and the way it played over Flora's body, he doesn't consider taking when he feels like the woman before him might give just as easily. And oh, he's not disappointed as her arms drop and she reaches for him.

"You've got no business being invisible," he tells her, the Doubletake's towel still thrown haphazardly over one shoulder, and since she seems so eager, he can only aim to please. And yet, as he steps forward to close the distance between them at last, Flora winks out of existence before him. He'd believe she just turned invisible again were it not for the fact that his fingers glide through nothing but air.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Only slightly disappointed that her mirror's enchantment had ended before Danta properly tried to reach for her, Flora nevertheless chimes laughter to see the ancient's fingers gliding through thin air. "Oh, but that's part of the fun!" She purrs. Rather than dancing away and setting up her mimicry again, Flora steps into the space occupied by her illusion. She's invisible sure, but that doesn't make her any less tangible. Besides, now that Danta has had a glimpse of her, he needn't rely on his imagination as much.

He could though, if he wanted. Flora wouldn't mind.

Reaching out for one of his hands, Flora separates his index finger from the rest and guides it toward her lips. Placing the pad of his fingertip against her bottom teeth, she swirls her tongue softly against his skin while at the same moment reaching for his other hand. Guiding his palm until it just meets her nipple, Flora releases his wrist so that he might explore on his own.

To anyone watching, the ancient would merely look like a man with his hands vaguely outstretched, with no idea of just what it was he had his hands on.