the last blues we're ever gonna have
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 201
Mateo

There are so many things to say in response to that, but of course Mateo zeroes in on the one he finds most pertinent. "It is not a crab," he informs his father haughtily. "It is a near-sentient species of plant that resembles a white, decaying hand. It uses the 'fingers' to pull itself along." So there. "I will sent a letter to Dad and ask if he would like to be a part of it, then." And to that Ronin says insert GIF of Ned Flanders screaming we'll see, son.

Lingering awkwardly while his father cleans off the blood on his hands and clothes - or tries to, anyway - Mateo eventually forces himself to relax, nodding his understanding. "It is easy to forget," he confesses to Remi. Despite knowing what he was doing when he had addressed his letter to both parents, despite wanting this outcome in no small amount... it is still so easy to forget that Remi is as much a harbinger as he is the man who had once carried him through the Greatwood on his back.

"Thank you," he says again, consciously making himself own his part in all of this - for the Lullaby as much as for himself. "I am glad that no one else will get hurt because of him... And I am glad that it was you." A weighty admission to be sure, because they both know that, had the Huntsman come to Stormbreak, the perpetrator would still never hurt anyone again. But it would be from the safety of a jail cell.
i've told you time and time again
i'm not as think as you drunk i am

Messages In This Thread
the last blues we're ever gonna have - by Remi - 05-25-2023, 08:06 PM
RE: the last blues we're ever gonna have - by Mateo - 05-25-2023, 09:25 PM