life's better in flip-flops
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 60 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3601
RONIN
the supernova

"Oh, ha ha," Ronin says with a playful roll of his eyes, though truth be told, it's probably for the best that Remi keeps his question locked behind his lips. Ronin doesn't honestly know what the answer is - which is as much of an answer in itself, given that we are more prone to remembering the negatives than the positives.

"A raise?" he echoes, willingly rolling to the side as Remi guides him, letting his arm loop around the other man so he can provide enough shade with his body alone, despite the heat that will likely grow unbearable between them. "I wasn't aware I was even being paid." He chuckles. "If I get the opportunity, though, I'll ask for a lower tolerance to alcohol."

When we were homeless has a similar mischief sparking in Ronin's expression, and he nods to the Lullaby and lets his head loll against sunkissed curls. "That mare bit me on the arse whenever she got the opportunity," he remembers. "And I'm sure it's because of that first trip. Granted, I definitely deserved it back then. I was a bastard."
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
"I am sure Safrin would say that she's compensating you." The Lullaby snarks with a roll of his eyes. "Maybe she could give you some sort of cup that makes alcohol potent enough for us." Remi suggests, before wondering if that was the sort of thing Deimos might be able to do. Leaning his cheek down on one outstretched arm in an effort to sink further into the sand and away from the sun, Remi reaches out to softly cup Ronin's cheek with his palm.

Despite the sincerity of this gesture, the Lullaby's expression turns wry and boyish as he nods emphatically. "Still are, sometimes." He says, not meaning it at all. "I remember thinking that I would be content to live in or beneath that wagon forever. That I would never want anything more than selling gimmicks out of it while you caught us fish for breakfast." Now the pair lived in a houseboat that Ronin had carted across half the world, situated at the base of a magical waterfall in a mountain range filled with dragons.

'Being back in Torchline like this...it is strange, you know? So much of it is the same, and yet nothing really is."
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the supernova

"Now that is an idea," Ronin says with a grin, and as far as compensation goes, he thinks that ought to be more than doable for his starlit lady. (Then again, his compensation is really that she's not flaying his hide or turning his powers inside out again, so...)

Leaning into the fingers against his cheek and stretching happily in the sand, Ronin sneakily summons his nimbus to glide lazily overhead, blocking the worst of the sun's rays from their faces. "Those were some of the most simple times we had," he agrees, turning his head to sweetly kiss the inside of his husband's wrist.

"I know what you mean, though. I assumed, back then, that I could never love you more than I did in that moment. And I've been proven wrong so many times." Raising his eyebrows at Remi as if to ask if he's still being annoyingly charming, Ronin reluctantly gropes for the drink he'd set down in the sand, intent on finishing it.
i'll get over it
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
REMI
the alchemist
& my heart ran away with me
With one eye partially closed so that he isn't blinded when he glances up, Remi smirks at the nimbus overhead and relaxes away from Ronin ever so slightly if only because gods it really is sweltering between them. "That is true." The Lullaby agrees, and though he has no external dazzle, Ronin will feel the fanciful colours of Remi's emotions sparkling outward just the same. It's a simple thing really, the way Ronin brushes his lips against the Lullaby's wrist, and yet the softness of the Nova's lips against the skin there just does it for Remi in ways he's utterly helpless to describe.

Grumbling affectionately, because yes Ronin was being obnoxiously charming and gods it really was so unfair just how honeyed his words could be, Remi mirrors his husband and paws for his own drink.

"I don't know about you, but I feel as though I might melt. Care to go play sea monster with me?"
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the supernova

Slorping the last of his cocktail up through his straw and regarding his husband whilst leaning back on one elbow, he wonders, for a moment, how the Lullaby can ever think that he's not enough. As if Ronin could ever look elsewhere, when there's his own version of perfect reclining in the sand just inches away. And he's offering the chance to cool off in the deeper water.

"Mmmm," the Supernova replies, setting his empty cup down and leaning in to sneak a fruity-flavoured kiss to his husband's lips. "That sounds perfect," he whispers, before rolling to his feet and stretching mightily. The sand is almost too hot under his feet as he strolls down towards the shoreline, and if there's already a glitter of scales on his bare skin as he enters the water, so be it.

Monsters ahoy.

~FIN
i'll get over it