acquaintances
For Deimos <3
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
People, in Sohalia's opinion, could be worse monsters than the creatures that roamed the Wilds. At least people had the capacity to be better; animals and the like were a slave to their natures. When a person did something bad, it was with the knowledge that what they were doing was wrong, with the choice to do it anyway. That was what Soh couldn't forgive.

Shaking off the momentary chill, she nodded in response to Deimos's question. "I have," she said. "It feels good to be in better shape, and it helps during my exploring." It was also nice to have a walking stick, but she left that part out. Somehow she didn't think that Deimos would find the revelation particularly impressive.

"But enough about me," she said. "Have you been well?"
it's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
Morality and ethics were a difficult conundrum amid war; and now that they were in the after portions, with restoration and rejuvenation, that didn’t mean others wouldn’t follow suit in their same nefarious mannerisms. That Sohalia, and many of her ilk and inexperience, could find ways to ensure their own safety, set his mind at ease. For the moment, anyway. There were always other hovering measures and threats.

Nodding at her gain in the pragmatic course, he jutted his jawline back towards from where they’d already wandered. “Feel free to use the training grounds while you are here then.” She’d find an assortment of spars available amongst the warriors, the climbing walls, various weights and armaments to practice with.

Not expecting her inquiry, his glance flickered away from the maps, and back along the wall, and on his desk, where there was a growing to-do list of ongoing projects. “Yes. Busy.” Pondering the notions further, for that hadn’t been a grand revelation, he persisted. “We are working on gaining healing properties for our hot springs.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
"Thank you!" she said warmly, her eyes lighting with interest. She'd seen mush of the training area when she'd come in, and there were opportunities here that she didn't have back in Stormbreak. She would certainly make use of the facilities, now that she had his permission; it would be nice to train here, rather than out in the cold (even with the cuff that Tal had loaned her, it was still chilly to someone used to warmer climes), and she looked forward to testing her mettle against new combatants.

When he revealed that he had been busy, Sohalia just raised an eyebrow, unsurprised by the notion. But then he mentioned hot springs, and healing properties, and again her gaze sparkled with renewed intrigue. "How wonderful!" she said cheerfully. "That sounds so interesting! I've been very impressed with the amenities you have here." Tal had shown her around, and she had to admit that there was more than she'd expected of the tundra. "And healing hot springs sound like a fascinating addition."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Nodding at her gratitude, he flipped through a few more of the maps, intrigued by various other outlines, including the alterations within the Greatwood since the last time he’d traversed there, then meandering along Torchline’s pages. His brows furrowed, pinpointing upon another island along the outskirts that he didn’t recognize. “Have you been to the Metacarpal Island?” His head tilted vaguely, having never heard of it. Perhaps he had been remiss in exploring lately.

His attention went back to her at the cheery disposition and comments, not missing her intrigue. Granting another small smile, his vocals persisted once more. “We have worked hard. There is also a greenhouse nearby.” He didn’t bother mentioning the solar beam weapon – figuring that wasn’t necessary, and she might find such guarding fixtures overwhelming – but protection meant a great deal more to him than many other notions. Deimos would’ve asked if Stormbreak had made any alterations, but without a leader, already knew the answer for himself. “Where do you intend to travel next?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Soh watched as Deimos flipped through the maps, a half smile of pride on her face. It was always a pleasure to see her work appreciated, and she had guessed that he would be such a person. When it came to Torchline, however, she peered at the island he'd identified. "I've flown over it," she said. "I haven't had a chance yet to explore on land." Or on bone, as it were. That particular section of the map was more bare than the rest, with room around the margins for her trademark notes and illustrations. "I have been... less than eager. It's supposed to be made of bones, and all the plants are supposed to be carnivorous, so I want to be prepared."

She was indeed interested in the greenhouse, and her eyes lit with delight. "That makes sense," she said. "Am I allowed to visit it? I'd love to see what you grow there." She thought she remembered hearing or seeing something about food crops, but the memory dangled just out of reach.

As for where she wanted to travel next, she paused. There were several maps she had that were incomplete, and though she was tempted to explore other areas, she knew she needed to finish what she'd started first. Despite that... "I'm thinking about going to the Hollowed Grounds," she said softly. "I didn't see much of it growing up, and I haven't been back since I left." The notion of returning now was less than appealing, but she'd made a friend recently who hailed from the Grounds, and they had told tales of various herbs that Soh hadn't known existing. It had piqued her interest, at least. And no one said she had to go home, even if she visited the region.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Considering how Caido was, it shouldn’t have been surprising to hear that there was suddenly an island made of bones and carnivorous plants, but his eyes widened and brows arched anyway. A snort wound its way through his chest, shaking his head, moving along the next map for more perusals and studies. “Fair enough,” making a mental checklist and note to warn Evie off of wandering over there.

“You may,” in regards to the greenhouse. There’d been a lively amount of additions since they’d acquired the skyport in years past – capable of snagging seeds, saplings, and whatever else in timely manners, rather than a long, slow, arduous journey through tundras and mountainsides.

Returning to the Hollowed Grounds had never been foremost on his list either, but the understanding snagged through his mind. To Sohalia, and many of the Outlanders and Naturals aside, it had been home once, no matter how changed and altered. For the Sword, it harbored one too many memories and traumas to ever be something to fully return to. His eyes still squared away at the maps, permitting her pause without study of her features. “Perhaps, with your maps, others will gain interest in traveling there too.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
In truth, Soh hadn't realized that the island was so new, but then, she hadn't traveled much before these last few seasons. Regardless, she was less than eager to wander such a dangerous - and, frankly, unappealing - place. It was part self-preservation and part lack of desire, and if that combination was what it took to keep her safe, well, so be it.

She was pleased to find that she was allowed in the greenhouse, and she made a mental note to include it in her map of the Citadel - though it hardly seemed necessary, what with the looks of the maps on Deimos's walls. She wondered if perhaps coming here would end up being a primarily social visit, her mapmaking skills not being necessary if maps already existed.

Either way, travel to the Grounds being contemplated was something she'd yet to mention to anyone else, and so it seemed strange that she might discuss it with Deimos, who she knew hardly at all. If her maps did bring others to the Grounds, would that be a good thing? What little she'd seen of her homeland did not fill her with any distinct sense of pride. Rather, she thought it quite sad. "Perhaps," she said. "It would be nice if they were able to get back on their feet."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Considering the Sword created and concocted maps for his own purposes, Sohalia would still have luck amidst the world of snow and mountains. Not everyone had the vast knowledge or expertise of cartography, or similar venues of incantations. Unaware of this being an issue, his eyes slanted to noteworthy details and insights, narrowing and pinpointing on some of the flora and fauna, mentally checking off ones the guild had long since unearthed, or were completely new and foreign.

“They face the same issue as Stormbreak,” he uttered, when addressed with the notions of the Hollowed Grounds again. But while the stone pillars remained in a vast hold on the floating isle high above – they weren’t nearly as affected as the Grounds. From what he knew and understood anyway – Stormbreak had its education, its buildings, its towers, but the Grounds had fertile land and not much else. “It would be a massive undertaking for a new leader.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
The Hollowed Grounds did indeed lack leadership; from what little she could recall, it had been that way for a while - at least since she'd wandered out of her little village, if not before. It was sad, really, given that it had once housed many of those now scattered across Caido, as if everyone in the Grounds had been as eager to escape as she'd been. Perhaps, given the history of the region, that guess wasn't far off, even if Soh was unaware of such details. So she hummed agreement, her eyes riveted to the maps on the walls, taking in the details that were different from her own and wondering what some of the different symbols and pins meant.

She turned her attention rapidly back to Deimos, determined to make the most of her time with the Warden. "What are some areas I should see while I'm visiting?" she inquired, tilting her head to one side in a manner not unlike a curious puppy. "And are there any areas that have more of a need than others for new maps?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Some years ago, there hadn’t been any options. With barriers up, Naturals and Outlanders alike were stuck within the Grounds, meandering and stewing about until actions ensured the blockade had been down, and the Voice freed. From thereafter, in between the traumatic events of LongNight, subsequent notions surrounding the Spire, and everything else leading up to the war, it couldn’t be said that individuals didn’t try. But eventually enough became enough, opportunities grew elsewhere, and the Hollowed section gave way to Ascended as their safety net – and even then, after campaigns, all that remained were those too stubborn and defiant to go elsewhere. Someone with enough pluck, guts, and determination might have been able to turn it around – but not without support from elsewhere.

And Deimos had lent out his assistance, and Noah had been instructed by Vi…but how far would it go?

Shaking his head dismally, he persisted in his perusal, before ceasing at her inquiry. Gazing up at his maps, effective for war, weaponry disposals, and the like, his thoughts meandered to where they still didn’t have the most infinite depictions. The newer locations, incited by Caido, made the most sense to him. “Likely the Frostfields, Svaturis Bay, Hollow Forest, and Greenwing. They have been explored, but I doubt many of us have had the time to put the details to paper.” He certainly hadn’t.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Pulling out a journal, Soh made notes of the areas Deimos described, determined to find them and do her best to map them - if not on this trip, then on one of the subsequent ones she had planned. After all, it took time to map things correctly, and Soh was a perfectionist when it came to her maps. Indeed, when she'd first started making larger maps, she'd wasted a lot of paper and ink before realizing that she should get the distances down on a chalkboard before attempting to perfect it in a more permanent way.

"I'll be sure to visit those," she said, tucking her journal away again. She hesitated; she'd come here with the intent of saying hello, but also of offering a gift of thanks to someone who had not only saved her life, but given her direction and purpose. "Those are for you, by the way," she said shyly, gesturing towards the maps spread out on the desk. "I thought they might be useful to you and your guild."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The certainty of her motions prompted another small smile – determination at least a steadfast personality that held firm even after her experiences. Perhaps it was something that stirred from the Grounds, for he’d known almost all its citizens to be headstrong survivalists, or something more inherent, with pluck, youth, and enthusiasm that hadn’t been dashed or fallen apart by the world yet.

He nodded at her assurance nonetheless, and would’ve gone back to puzzling over some other aspects of the maps, before his head went swinging back up in her direction. A quick shift, a brow arched, and maybe millennia of surprise spread across his features. Ignorant of the meaning behind it, and out of habit, he nearly refused – there’d been far too much work put into the pieces to simply hand them off – but then he clenched his jaw, fighting the urge to slip back into the stoicism. Instead, his bewilderment, for gifts were also a rarity he cherished very quietly, changed and altered into uncertainty, then acceptance. “That is very kind of you, and they would be. Thank you.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Though she certainly didn't seem it, Soh was more stubborn than she let on. Perhaps that was why, despite all evidence that she shouldn't be exploring, she was determined to do it anyway. In any case, she had decided to gift these maps to Deimos, and in her mind, that was that. Had he attempted to refuse the gift, she would have insisted - shy but firm, with a quiet determination that would have - hopefully - convinced him.

Luckily, he accepted the gift with a word on thanks, leaving Soh only to smile. "You're welcome." With nothing really left to say, having provided the thanks she'd wanted to and gathered the information she'd hoped for, she said, "Well, I'll get out of your hair. I know you must be quite busy. Thank you again for everything." Unless he had more to say, it was time for her to go.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Placing the surprise away, something for the back of his mind to conjure at a later juncture, his brow arched, the slightest of smiles registering on his features again. “Be wary, if you do go into the forest, of the man-sized spiders.” Partially as a joke, but also a rumbling of truth. Given how she’d handled the water horse, he figured more than a warning would be necessary – but if she’d been training…

Shrugging inwardly, and knowing, realizing, he couldn’t worry about everyone, he let the rest of the sentiments go. “And thank you again.” Jutting his jaw towards the nearby door, he offered that as a quick exit, rather than meandering her way back through the training grounds again.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I