Personal Quest Solid Foundations
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
The silence that lingered after Rory's departure was heavy and painful. Maea stared long after his disappearing back, hoping despite herself that he might change his mind, return, that Jigano might show up after all... But when no silhouettes shadowed the entrance after a painful span of time had passed, Maea sighed and looked back at those who had chosen to stay. Loyal people, people who she felt like she could count on.

She would place her trust in the ones who showed up and stayed.

"Four out of five... is still better than I could have hoped for" she said, with a weak little smile. (Actually it was closer to three out of five, but since Vai had volunteered...) "Thank you, all of you, för your support. I know it might be difficult, but I want to proceed with this anyway. Despite everything, I don't think Rory will actively oppose us. Not unless we make a complete mess out of things, so let's not give him a reason, yes?"

If it ever came to that, Maea would gladly hand over this seat she had ended up on, and with a sigh of relief. But until then, there was work to be done. Taking another deep breath to ease some of the tension from her shoulders, she straightened and began to explain more in detail what she had in mind for this improvised government.

"I want to make this a Council, and I want to make it one where the will of the people has the ultimate say. As you've already noticed everyone who lives here have a strong will and dig there heels in if anyone tries to tell them what to do, so to eliminate that we, the people here, are going to be an interim government.

We will lay down the foundation, establish proper rules, consequences for those who don't follow them, enable fair trade and make sure that everyone is well fed and have a roof over their head... and then we hold an election. Those interested in running this region can volunteer, and every councillor who are elected get to vote on a Chief from amongst themselves so that there is one clear representative to make final decisions or act in a crisis.

As for right now...

Evie, your family is well known and respected. Can I please ask you to gather the support we need from the Naturals and the guilds? We will need funding and materials, and before we are properly set up it'll have to come from donations. You'd be a... liaison, I think it's called.

Sam, you know your way around the Atheneum and you know the minds of the shop keepers and craftsmen. Could you use the existing records and set up a basic list of laws and consequences? Nothing crazy, just common sense things like no thieving or killing people or trading unfairly... The more obvious and logical the rules, the better, as we can't start off by stepping on people's toes. Let's call you... legislator. Sounds impressive enough to make people listen.

Roana, can you find some suitable people to build a group of peacekeepers? Right now there is no one to uphold the rules we make, and without someone to enforce them it will only be so much hot air. But be sure to mix the group as much as possible... We can't feed Rory's cause by having only outlanders tell people what to do. In essence, you'd be a... judicator.

Vai... I know you'll be busy with your family soon, but we are going to need someone with a calm voice to mediate in any conflicts that come up. Could you try to calm this tension between Outlanders and Naturals? Everyone knows who you are, know you've run the Rathskeller and now run the Infirmary. If they'll listen to anyone, it's you. A proper diplomat."

Personally, Maea would have a rough job of keeping up with what everyone else was doing, to coordinate their work and ensure everything proceeded according to plan - and make decisions when things inevitably went wrong. They also lacked a fifth person, another voice to ensure that there would be no ties when it came down to votes...

"Also, I need your help in getting this house in order. It would be perfect to use as a base, but there are a few issues..."

Maea listed the things that needed to be accomplished to this end, and looked at the others with an expectant smile; they would get to decide which task was more suited for them and see it done. Maea would do whatever was left.

Please pick a task from the opening post, so that we can get the house functional and established as the headquarters!
MAEA
just a glimpse of truth
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦

Messages In This Thread
Solid Foundations - by Maea - 03-19-2019, 03:47 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Evie - 03-19-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Roana - 03-19-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Samuel - 03-19-2019, 04:12 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Rory - 03-20-2019, 04:58 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Maea - 03-22-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Samuel - 03-22-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Evie - 03-23-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Roana - 03-24-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Vervain - 03-25-2019, 07:33 PM
RE: Solid Foundations - by Rory - 03-28-2019, 11:09 AM